11Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 44 Old 09-25-2014, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Rear fender eliminator

I bought this fender eliminator bracket on ebay and what seems like a simple job took me 2 hours to almost finish but it got dark and the lights in my garage aren't the best. Honda hides a lot of screws in this little area and taking it apart without breaking anything was the biggest hurdle

It is a very sturdy bracket and it holds the turn signals nicely but I am going to take it apart tomorrow again to see if I can hide the wires better. I still have to mount the license plate light and I plan to use the OE light that came with the bike but I have to drill the bracket because the predrilled hole is meant for a small led light they sell separately. I might drill 2 more holes in the bracket so I have 4 mounting point instead of only 2. I will see tomorrow when I get home from work.

I will post pictures tomorrow in the day light, my phone wouldn't take a picture I could see because of the lighting in my garage.

Honda CBR 250R Fender Eliminator Tail Tidy 2011 2012 2013 | eBay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 44 Old 09-25-2014, 11:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm curious to know what it looks like without the huge factory fender. Got any pics without it on?
post #3 of 44 Old 09-26-2014, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
I've got a targa eliminator on my bike currently. Will post pics once the bike is back from repairs.

Agree with op about removing the fender. You have to practically take apart the whole rear of the bike to even get at it.

post #4 of 44 Old 09-26-2014, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I finished and then finished the 2nd time. I made a video of the pictures I took along the way. It seems there are differences between the 250 and 300 when comparing my bike to the DIY link I followed for taking it apart. I had to drill and cut the bracket a little because I didn't have directions for the one I bought on ebay. I still want to do something about being able to see the wires from underneath, I put the reflector in place just for now to obstruct anyone from seeing underneath from behind.

DIY link for the CBR250 I used
CBR250R Mustard Bikes tail tidy install - Imgur

My pictures in video form
cbr300 fender eliminator kit for cbr250 - YouTube
Ortega and Cropper like this.
post #5 of 44 Old 09-26-2014, 06:09 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Beauty, looks much better now! You think it still offers enough coverage to keep you from getting splayed in moist conditions?
post #6 of 44 Old 09-26-2014, 06:16 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkilla71 View Post
I finished and then finished the 2nd time. I made a video of the pictures I took along the way. It seems there are differences between the 250 and 300 when comparing my bike to the DIY link I followed for taking it apart. I had to drill and cut the bracket a little because I didn't have directions for the one I bought on ebay. I still want to do something about being able to see the wires from underneath, I put the reflector in place just for now to obstruct anyone from seeing underneath from behind.

DIY link for the CBR250 I used
CBR250R Mustard Bikes tail tidy install - Imgur

My pictures in video form
cbr300 fender eliminator kit for cbr250 - YouTube
Finished product looks great to me, good job on getting this done!
First Avenger likes this.
post #7 of 44 Old 09-26-2014, 07:11 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cropper View Post
Beauty, looks much better now! You think it still offers enough coverage to keep you from getting splayed in moist conditions?

I think it has enough coverage to keep the spray off the rider but the tail light might get a little more dirty than usual. I really try not to ride in conditions that there would be water coming off the wheels if I can help it. I don't own any rain gear and don't want any so I take the wagon if the is a good chance of rain before I can get home if I have to go somewhere.
post #8 of 44 Old 09-29-2014, 04:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Your pictures are great as an instruction manual. Thanks for taking the time to do that for everyone. It looks really god too!
post #9 of 44 Old 09-30-2014, 01:27 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tooth Tiger View Post
Your pictures are great as an instruction manual. Thanks for taking the time to do that for everyone. It looks really god too!
It should be turned into an instruction manual
post #10 of 44 Old 10-02-2014, 10:16 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)

Here's a quick shot of the targa eliminator I took last night. I'm running the option without mounts for turn signals with an integrated taillight. The plastic piece mounts with a bolt and is not a perfect fit, but it seems like it could possibly be bent with a heat gun or something of the sort. Will take more photos later.
HRC_Thailand and stuckmoto like this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page