Anybody tried hondas lowered seat option? - Honda CBR 300 Forum
 23Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 Old 11-03-2014, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Anybody tried hondas lowered seat option?

Wife wants it a little lower.

2015 CB300F
Oliver Springs, Tennessee

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old 11-03-2014, 10:27 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Nope......think it's great that Honda continues to offer tons of options.....that's why I keep riding Honda.
mike and mikal like this.
post #3 of 39 Old 11-12-2014, 06:57 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
No but I really want to. I am on the shorter side and even though I cannot completely flatfoot both sides on my CB300F, I am not tippie-toeing either. Seriously considering the lower seat option.

Only thing keeping me away is I am not sure what it will do to my posture. With the stock seat I can reach handlebar controls comfortably I am worried I would have to stretch a little bit if I sit lower.

post #4 of 39 Old 11-12-2014, 07:29 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by commuter View Post
No but I really want to. I am on the shorter side and even though I cannot completely flatfoot both sides on my CB300F, I am not tippie-toeing either. Seriously considering the lower seat option.

Only thing keeping me away is I am not sure what it will do to my posture. With the stock seat I can reach handlebar controls comfortably I am worried I would have to stretch a little bit if I sit lower.
I have one on order and will post review after I get it and it warms up!!!! Man it's getting cold

2015 CB300F

post #5 of 39 Old 11-13-2014, 04:30 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
How does the lower seating work? Is there a crank or something? Or do you have to go into a shop and they replace the seat or something like that?
post #6 of 39 Old 11-13-2014, 05:10 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gdaddy197 View Post
Nope......think it's great that Honda continues to offer tons of options.....that's why I keep riding Honda.
x2, i always liked what they had to offer. Honda for the win.
post #7 of 39 Old 11-13-2014, 09:43 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 841 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Late Shift View Post
How does the lower seating work? Is there a crank or something? Or do you have to go into a shop and they replace the seat or something like that?
Nope, it's a complete replacement seat, just bolt it on. Honda P/N 0SR50-K33-100A ... Sells for about $150 USD.

“Machines never lie.
Success will always come if they’re really good.
So let’s show the world what we’ve done.
Then they can see the real Honda!”

- Founder Soichiro Honda at the inception of the Honda Collection Hall.

Former Factory Test Rider/Technician
post #8 of 39 Old 11-15-2014, 09:55 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Great option. New riders should be able to flat foot a bike, I say. What can happen is if you have to lean the bike a little to the left to stop, and that left foot encounters sand or gravel, then you can easily drop the bike if your foot slides out. Also backing up is much harder s you bump into foot pegs and have a hard time keeping the bike balanced. Same with stopping on a hill. An up-slant makes the distance to the ground farther where you need to put your foot/feet down so suddenly you can't reach the ground any more. Not good. I'm almost 5'7" so I can easily flat foot the CB300F. I have had to pass on other bikes like the entire supermoto/dual sport style of bike due to the high seats. Not a fan of the cruisers, but they have the lowest seats which is why you often see really short people riding Hogs, I guess.
post #9 of 39 Old 11-16-2014, 12:30 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
2014-11-15 19.59.13.jpg

2014-11-15 19.59.07.jpg

2014-11-15 19.59.29.jpg
Got the lowered seat today and first off it doesn't match the factory seat. The lowered one is made to look like carbon fiber. Like the look better but now it doesn't match the rear seat. It's made better than the factory stock front seat and doesn't fit all the way up close to the tank. It is lower but 150 bucks lower? Not sure it's really worth 150 bucks for an inch and a half. Have not ridden with it yet (it's 30 degrees!) Will post review after weather warms up next week. If you're a person that needs another inch or so it will help but not much.

PS: We covered rear seat with a tail bag so it doesn't matter that it doesn't match. Will post pics of tail bag later it's sweet! Don't buy Honda's until you see mine!
mikal likes this.

2015 CB300F

Last edited by CB300F; 11-16-2014 at 12:34 AM.
post #10 of 39 Old 11-17-2014, 07:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Nin View Post
Great option. New riders should be able to flat foot a bike, I say. What can happen is if you have to lean the bike a little to the left to stop, and that left foot encounters sand or gravel, then you can easily drop the bike if your foot slides out. Also backing up is much harder s you bump into foot pegs and have a hard time keeping the bike balanced. Same with stopping on a hill. An up-slant makes the distance to the ground farther where you need to put your foot/feet down so suddenly you can't reach the ground any more. Not good. I'm almost 5'7" so I can easily flat foot the CB300F. I have had to pass on other bikes like the entire supermoto/dual sport style of bike due to the high seats. Not a fan of the cruisers, but they have the lowest seats which is why you often see really short people riding Hogs, I guess.
I appreciate what you are saying about new riders being able to flat foot a bike, but don't let seat height be an obstacle. I'm 5'5" and my CRF250LD has a 34.7" seat height.
shisoshin likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page