Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

Did you buy the R or the F?

Are you riding the R or the F?

12K views 32 replies 16 participants last post by  GonSanzo 
#1 ·
I'm curious to know how CBR300 owners are split between the R & F. My impression is that the F is outselling the R more recently.

I bought the R on the basis that I preferred the looks and the price was significantly lower, though the F had a slightly better riding position IMO.

#8 ·
Reactions: Fanatic
#5 ·
I opted for the "R".

I didn't know there was an "F" version until the week I was deciding to pull the trigger. If had had to do it all over again, I'd still pick the "R". Suits my personality better, and I'm more at home with the sporty style of it.

#6 · (Edited)
I was on the fence between both, I chose the R. The price was right, the dealer only had one in stock that had the recall completed and the fact that the F only came in red for 2015 is what sold me on the R. Being a first time sport bike owner, the F ergo was more favorable at first, but I am really happy and surprised at how comfy the R ergo is....

#10 ·
Price and insurance wise the F was much cheaper than the R around me. Also being a complete noob I felt more confident with the body position on the F.

Though after going the track I realize the benefit of the sport bike position... Guess that means I just need a 2nd bike :p (I plan on keeping the F for street use and get something with a more aggressive seating position for track-only use in a few years)

Reactions: kiwi rider
#11 · (Edited)
#14 ·
This was my 1st REAL sport bike... God it was fun at the time...
A GSXR man hey? I remember them well. That first 750 in '85 was revolutionary. Full aluminium frame, twin headlights, race crouch riding position. I wanted one!
A mate of mine has an '86 model in really tidy condition but apparently the '85s are worth more.

Sorry, off topic again...:eek:

#17 · (Edited)
300F for my wife. We wanted a good old fashioned UJM and it had to be a Honda.

That said, we would have considered an SR-400 but they aren't available in Canada.

Came down to riding position and looks. Like I said, as close to a UJM as possible. For us, that was the 300f. It's still a little too sport bike for our tastes, and cruiser types don't see a difference, but there really isn't anything in the Honda lineup that fits better.

#18 · (Edited)
For those of you who are not...ummm older like some of us,,the term UJM was used in the late 1970's early 80's. This was because pretty well every Japanese motorcycle at the time were air cooled...4 cylinder...Double Over Head Cam (DOHC) and some what looked the same....

U.J.M. Universal Japanese Motorcycle.

#26 ·
HMMM.. Now that's interesting...no CB300 F.:eek:

Funny how different regions of the Globe get different models. However you guys in the U.K. get models I only wish I could get here in Canada..like the YZF-R125.. I lusted over one of those for the past few years.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmoxDF4Erow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.