Decided to purchase the EJK controller from Dobeck Performance. - Honda CBR 300 Forum
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 51 Old 02-29-2016, 03:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 749 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Decided to purchase the EJK controller from Dobeck Performance.

I read an old post (forget who the user was), he had the EJK controller installed at no cost. He said he was the first cbr300 owner to ever have it done. He was super impressed with it. I've been researching their product and comparing to other products it looks great. Very simple install too, just piggybacking the fuel injector basically. You can uninstall the O2 sensor if you want. Maybe in the future for that. I'll see how it runs with just the fuel controller first.
kiwi rider and CDNHONDAR like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 51 Old 03-03-2016, 04:09 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Garage
Cool I was looking at it too but couldn't find any reviews or anything regarding how it actually performs. Update us when you get it running.
mikal likes this.
post #3 of 51 Old 03-04-2016, 08:01 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeofbjorbon View Post
Cool I was looking at it too but couldn't find any reviews or anything regarding how it actually performs. Update us when you get it running.
I researched it A LOT, as I do with everything I purchase. There is someone in this group 'Tilac' who has it installed on his bike. Actually he was the base demo model for the controller on our 300's. He was able to have it installed for free and the settings that come on it are actually his settings. He loves it. I have read many other threads,posts and youtube videos of other bikes (Kawa, Harleys) that also love it. It is based on a different technology than the PCIII, PCV, Bazzaz. The owner of EJK use to work at Dynojet and helped engineer their Controller. If you read their site the other controllers use a system called Alpha-N. That technology is becoming outdated. I know some people will still swear by it, but technology does improve. I have been corresponding with their head Engineer via emails for about a month now before purchasing it. They are extremely helpful and respond immediately. So I felt very comfortable purchasing from them. They also offer discounts for Vets/Military and for forum members, this forum included. They also guarantee it if I feel it does not work on my bike or help improve my issues. So, I will definitely be updating the group as I go.
Btw there is no Computer/PC needed to adjust the Controller. There are no Maps to upload and try to find that are specific to your mods. It is a very simple LED pad that lets you actually adjust the A/F ratio's on the fly, while riding. Another great feature like the PCFC has is an accelerator pump option. It just makes riding a bit more fun. I am not looking to gain HP out of it I am just looking to clean up some flat spots in my mid rpm range, my startup idle and throttle response.

post #4 of 51 Old 03-05-2016, 05:50 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
OK I just installed the EJK Controller. Very simple install took maybe 1 hour. I did the body panels very slowly so as not to break or scratch anything. Removal of the gas tank wasn't necessary.
I started it up and saw all the LED lights blink in the correct order showing it was connected correctly. So I went for my 1st ride. Immediately noticed a big difference. Throttle response was immediate. When I gave it the usual amount of throttle as I did before the controller, it felt like I cranked the he11 out of it instead. So I have to remember it's very touchy now. I was having an issue in 1st gear where if I stayed in 1st and climbed through the revs up to 7-8000 the bike would kind of hesitate or feel jumpy. Kind of like going over bumps in the road. With the controller it was a totally smooth rise all the way up. Next issue I use to have was when cruising at 4000rpms in any gear and then accelerating I would hit a flat spot for a second or 2 before the bike really start moving. That issue is now totally gone. Instant throttle control and instant acceleration. The last issue I had which I never really thought was an issue, was I had the popping and grumble upon deceleration especially below 4000rpm. As a motorhead I kinda liked that. Now that is gone as well. Not 1 popping sound, it sounds like an exhaust should. I even can tell a difference in the exhaust note/sound. Also I can smell a difference in the exhaust. NO I didn't get up and sniff the pipe! but I can tell there is more of a burnt fuel smell to it.
It's getting a bit dark here already so I'll mess around with some settings tomorrow to see if I can fine tune it. It can be re-tuned on the fly while running or even while riding. Next thing to take note of is my fuel economy. So in my definite opinion well worth the $200 and 1 hour install.
CDNHONDAR and dsimmo like this.
post #5 of 51 Old 03-05-2016, 05:58 PM
JNO

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
I can't say I've noticed any apparent fuelling issues with my 300, not that I'm paying attention really. For sure, there are no noticeable 'gaps' or hesitations anywhere. Did these issues arise after you changed the exhaust and/or air filter, or were they present before?

I propose to live forever. So far, so good.

To date: Honda C70 Super Cub, Honda CB100, MZ125, MZ250, Suzuki GSX1100F, Yamaha XJ900, Kawasaki ZZR1100, Yamaha XJR1300SP, Honda NSA700, Honda CBR300R
post #6 of 51 Old 03-05-2016, 06:06 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNO View Post
I can't say I've noticed any apparent fuelling issues with my 300, not that I'm paying attention really. For sure, there are no noticeable 'gaps' or hesitations anywhere. Did these issues arise after you changed the exhaust and/or air filter, or were they present before?
I've done a lot of mods to it. The reasons I bought the controller tho was because I got a complete SS free flowing shorty exhaust (totally open pipe from header to can) and a K&N air filter. Plugged the pair valve, removed the O2 sensor and put a bung plug in the aftermarket header.
dsimmo likes this.

Last edited by mikal; 03-05-2016 at 06:31 PM.
post #7 of 51 Old 03-06-2016, 02:53 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 1385 Post(s)
Sounds like you got a good result there mikal, i'm sure your pleased.
Not bad for 200 bucks eh
mikal likes this.

2014 CBR300
2004 XR250
SV 650 track bike

"Knees in the breeze is my only disease"
post #8 of 51 Old 03-06-2016, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I have about 50 miles on it now and did some fine tuning. You know I always give honest reviews and this was definitely the best mod.
post #9 of 51 Old 03-06-2016, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 350 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
I read an old post (forget who the user was), he had the EJK controller installed at no cost. He said he was the first cbr300 owner to ever have it done. He was super impressed with it. I've been researching their product and comparing to other products it looks great. Very simple install too, just piggybacking the fuel injector basically. You can uninstall the O2 sensor if you want. Maybe in the future for that. I'll see how it runs with just the fuel controller first.
Mikal: Do you have a link to EJK controller site?

Triumph T120 Bonnie 1962
Norton 650ss 1964
Honda CB400-4 (nc36) 1998
Honda CBR300R 2015 (sold)
Yamaha MT03 Dec2016 in Race Blue

Ride it like you stole it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 51 Old 03-06-2016, 12:01 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsimmo View Post
Mikal: Do you have a link to EJK controller site?
Yup, here is their main site;
EFI Controllers - Electronic Jet Kit - Motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, Sportbikes, Snowmobiles, Watercraft, Dirt Bikes

Here is the link for the 300 Controller
EFI Controllers - Electronic Jet Kit - Motorcycles, ATVs, UTVs, Sportbikes, Snowmobiles, Watercraft, Dirt Bikes

There is a lot of information on google and install videos on youtube as well.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page