Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

new cbr300r owner from malta

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Fanatic 
#1 ·
Hi guys, i just bought the cbr300r, and should be able to pick it up at the end of this week. I live in Malta, a very small island in the center of the mediterranean, the island is only 17miles long, so we only do city riding here, with speed limits of 80km/hr.

I upgraded from the 2011 cbr125r, it was a nice bike and coped very well with the flow of trafic, i even managed to get it up to 132km/h once :D so the 300 should be awesome.

Is there anyone else who upgraded from the cbr125? What should i expect?

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum. I upgraded from the 250R and welcomed the nice boost in power throughout the range so you will be stoked coming off a 125!
That 80km/h speed limit is gonna get its boundaries pushed for sure! :D

#3 ·
You were right. I just picked up my bike and going home i did 120km/hr effortlessly going uphill on a road my 125 struggled reaching 100kph. This bike is awesome, it's hard trying to restrain yourself from going fast on this bike, it's too fun.

At one point i found myself in the sixth gear and thought to myself: is that it?!. But then i realised i'm only at 4,500rpm and it was pulling better than the 125 would at 8000rpm. I think i made a good choice :)

#7 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome, today i'm going to take it out for a ride wig my friends, we'll probably cover 150km, i'm sure it will be fun :)

I like the way it has practical power, it has enough power to keep you excited but not too much to overwhelm you. I think it hit the sweetspot for a practical everyday bike.

#8 ·
Man, you must feel like you rule that small island riding around with your bike, haha. I know I would... Must be a blast!

Over here in Texas, it feels like a huge continent with no boundaries, so I feel kind of small. :laugh:

Happy motoring with the friends.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.