CB300F issues, quirks, problems
I have about 600 miles on the CB300F now so I thought it would be helpful to mention a couple of issues with the new bike. These aren't really problems as much as annoyances, but I don't know if it is just my bike or all the CB300Fs
1. First, that chain stretched very quickly. By 40 miles mine was sagging and way out of specs. I did do a hard break-in so I'm sure that contributed. The good news is that since I adjusted the chain, it has stayed in specs for over 500 miles now. I think you can expect the chain to stretch early.
2. It's hard to get into 1st from N when you are stopped. This is a fairly common issue with bikes. The good news is, the bike is so light you can just roll it forward or backward a couple of inches and it will slip into first.
3. The kickstand keeps the bike more upright than with other motorcycles. I might even worry about parking in a strong wind. It helps to turn the bike to the left as you would do to lock the bike. That gives it a little more lean, but the issue I have is that I always get on and off a bike with the kickstand down. Getting on is no problem since the seat is low, but getting off is harder than any other bike I have ever owned because instead of just sliding off on the left side, you have to work at both scooting off and not allowing the bike to get even more upright. Hard to explain any better than that and I am getting used to it. I think this will be a bigger issue with shorter riders.
4. One other issue has to do with riding in 1st gear as you would around a gas station or parking lot. First gear is really jumpy. As an experienced rider, I have no problem since I know how to handle the throttle and clutch, but I can see a new rider losing balance as the bike jumps. I would call this issue poor throttle control in 1st gear.
5. When I ride aggressively and completely let off the throttle, I get this rattling sound. It doesn't do it if I slowly release the throttle or if I am shifting gears at the lower range. If you don't ride like I do, you might never even notice it. Or it might not be present on your bike. I can do it in any gear. I see there is a rattling noise some have reported with the CBR250R at about 5000 rpms, but I don't think this is the same thing since I can make it occur in any gear at all higher rpms.
Does anyone else have any of these issues? If not do you have any other issues.
Last edited by AJ Nin; 10-10-2014 at 06:01 PM.