Dunlop SportMax GPR-300 - Honda CBR 300 Forum
 13Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 08-12-2015, 12:34 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Santa Cruz Mtns.
Posts: 432
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Dunlop SportMax GPR-300

Just got these in today and think I'll mount them this weekend. They feel sticky.

https://youtu.be/0UWhY98KTt8?list=PL...lx4ohbq8MdNts8
Ruben likes this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DaBinChe is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 17 Old 08-13-2015, 09:36 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Thailand
Posts: 178
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Garage
How did they feel on the bike?
wings is offline  
post #3 of 17 Old 08-13-2015, 09:39 PM
JNO
Senior Member
 
JNO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Brisbane, Oztralia
Posts: 1,240
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Bloody heck, if they feel sticky when brand new and cold, imagine what they will be like when warmed up.


I propose to live forever. So far, so good.

To date: Honda C70 Super Cub, Honda CB100, MZ125, MZ250, Suzuki GSX1100F, Yamaha XJ900, Kawasaki ZZR1100, Yamaha XJR1300SP, Honda NSA700, Honda CBR300R
JNO is online now  
 
post #4 of 17 Old 08-14-2015, 01:56 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Santa Cruz Mtns.
Posts: 432
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
haven't put them on yet...think I can get to 4k miles on the stock before they need replacing. That's not gonna be for another couple week I think. My week long vacation is over so...


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DaBinChe is offline  
post #5 of 17 Old 09-07-2015, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Santa Cruz Mtns.
Posts: 432
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
So finally got a chance to ride these tires.
Being radials they are smoother/cushier then the stock IRC, both with 30psi f/r. With the IRC I could feel all the little irregularities now those little irregularities are hardly noticeable...in a sense the stock has more feel but that is due to the stiffer bias tires. First dozen or so miles they felt slippery by 50miles I was feeling good with them and by the end of a 160mile ride I felt almost at home with them. Once scrubbed in they didn't have any slip/looseness feel. Rode pretty easy today, by 20miles chicken strips were gone which surprised me cause I was taking it really easy during those first miles. Directional changes feels faster then stock. So far grip feels predictable. Rubber compound seems to hold up better to heat but I need to push it hard first to really see. They are very quite and smooth rolling


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DaBinChe is offline  
post #6 of 17 Old 06-16-2016, 07:47 AM
Senior Member
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Venice, Florida
Posts: 1,931
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBinChe View Post
So finally got a chance to ride these tires.
Being radials they are smoother/cushier then the stock IRC, both with 30psi f/r. With the IRC I could feel all the little irregularities now those little irregularities are hardly noticeable...in a sense the stock has more feel but that is due to the stiffer bias tires. First dozen or so miles they felt slippery by 50miles I was feeling good with them and by the end of a 160mile ride I felt almost at home with them. Once scrubbed in they didn't have any slip/looseness feel. Rode pretty easy today, by 20miles chicken strips were gone which surprised me cause I was taking it really easy during those first miles. Directional changes feels faster then stock. So far grip feels predictable. Rubber compound seems to hold up better to heat but I need to push it hard first to really see. They are very quite and smooth rolling
Hey I just wanted to see how these tires are doing or did on your bike? I'm looking for a new set and found your video while searching for these. I see you liked them early on, how did they hold up? Would you recommend these over the other basic brands people get for this bike?
Thanks!
mikal is offline  
post #7 of 17 Old 06-17-2016, 02:14 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Santa Cruz Mtns.
Posts: 432
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I like them, but haven't put that many miles on them to see how long they last and how they perform at end of life. The grip is fantastic, handles great and gives great feel, very predictable. The two top tires for these class of bikes are the Dunlop GPR-300 and the Bridgestone S20evo. Once the dunlop wears out I'll try the bridgestone
kiwi rider and mikal like this.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
DaBinChe is offline  
post #8 of 17 Old 06-17-2016, 04:59 PM
Senior Member
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Venice, Florida
Posts: 1,931
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBinChe View Post
I like them, but haven't put that many miles on them to see how long they last and how they perform at end of life. The grip is fantastic, handles great and gives great feel, very predictable. The two top tires for these class of bikes are the Dunlop GPR-300 and the Bridgestone S20evo. Once the dunlop wears out I'll try the bridgestone
Those are the 2 tires I narrowed it down to. I can get a better deal on the s20 evo's though
Thanks!
mikal is offline  
post #9 of 17 Old 06-17-2016, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator
 
kiwi rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Southland, New Zealand
Posts: 3,943
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1360 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Those are the 2 tires I narrowed it down to. I can get a better deal on the s20 evo's though
Thanks!
I'm keen to try the Bridgestones as well, esp as Ari Henning recommends them!
mikal and Treve82 like this.

2014 CBR300
2004 XR250
SV 650 track bike

"Knees in the breeze is my only disease"
kiwi rider is online now  
post #10 of 17 Old 06-17-2016, 05:42 PM
Senior Member
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Venice, Florida
Posts: 1,931
Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi rider View Post
I'm keen to try the Bridgestones as well, esp as Ari Henning recommends them!
110/70 or 120/60, 150/60 for $200 usd
my Honda guy will mount and balance for $25 a tire. Not a bad deal I think
kiwi rider likes this.
mikal is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome