13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 Old 08-12-2015, 12:34 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Dunlop SportMax GPR-300

Just got these in today and think I'll mount them this weekend. They feel sticky.

https://youtu.be/0UWhY98KTt8?list=PL...lx4ohbq8MdNts8
Ruben likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 Old 08-13-2015, 09:36 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Garage
How did they feel on the bike?
post #3 of 17 Old 08-13-2015, 09:39 PM
JNO

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 500 Post(s)
Bloody heck, if they feel sticky when brand new and cold, imagine what they will be like when warmed up.

I propose to live forever. So far, so good.

To date: Honda C70 Super Cub, Honda CB100, MZ125, MZ250, Suzuki GSX1100F, Yamaha XJ900, Kawasaki ZZR1100, Yamaha XJR1300SP, Honda NSA700, Honda CBR300R

post #4 of 17 Old 08-14-2015, 01:56 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
haven't put them on yet...think I can get to 4k miles on the stock before they need replacing. That's not gonna be for another couple week I think. My week long vacation is over so...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 17 Old 09-07-2015, 08:44 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
So finally got a chance to ride these tires.
Being radials they are smoother/cushier then the stock IRC, both with 30psi f/r. With the IRC I could feel all the little irregularities now those little irregularities are hardly noticeable...in a sense the stock has more feel but that is due to the stiffer bias tires. First dozen or so miles they felt slippery by 50miles I was feeling good with them and by the end of a 160mile ride I felt almost at home with them. Once scrubbed in they didn't have any slip/looseness feel. Rode pretty easy today, by 20miles chicken strips were gone which surprised me cause I was taking it really easy during those first miles. Directional changes feels faster then stock. So far grip feels predictable. Rubber compound seems to hold up better to heat but I need to push it hard first to really see. They are very quite and smooth rolling

post #6 of 17 Old 06-16-2016, 07:47 AM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBinChe View Post
So finally got a chance to ride these tires.
Being radials they are smoother/cushier then the stock IRC, both with 30psi f/r. With the IRC I could feel all the little irregularities now those little irregularities are hardly noticeable...in a sense the stock has more feel but that is due to the stiffer bias tires. First dozen or so miles they felt slippery by 50miles I was feeling good with them and by the end of a 160mile ride I felt almost at home with them. Once scrubbed in they didn't have any slip/looseness feel. Rode pretty easy today, by 20miles chicken strips were gone which surprised me cause I was taking it really easy during those first miles. Directional changes feels faster then stock. So far grip feels predictable. Rubber compound seems to hold up better to heat but I need to push it hard first to really see. They are very quite and smooth rolling
Hey I just wanted to see how these tires are doing or did on your bike? I'm looking for a new set and found your video while searching for these. I see you liked them early on, how did they hold up? Would you recommend these over the other basic brands people get for this bike?
Thanks!
post #7 of 17 Old 06-17-2016, 02:14 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I like them, but haven't put that many miles on them to see how long they last and how they perform at end of life. The grip is fantastic, handles great and gives great feel, very predictable. The two top tires for these class of bikes are the Dunlop GPR-300 and the Bridgestone S20evo. Once the dunlop wears out I'll try the bridgestone
kiwi rider and mikal like this.

post #8 of 17 Old 06-17-2016, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBinChe View Post
I like them, but haven't put that many miles on them to see how long they last and how they perform at end of life. The grip is fantastic, handles great and gives great feel, very predictable. The two top tires for these class of bikes are the Dunlop GPR-300 and the Bridgestone S20evo. Once the dunlop wears out I'll try the bridgestone
Those are the 2 tires I narrowed it down to. I can get a better deal on the s20 evo's though
Thanks!
post #9 of 17 Old 06-17-2016, 05:10 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 1360 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Those are the 2 tires I narrowed it down to. I can get a better deal on the s20 evo's though
Thanks!
I'm keen to try the Bridgestones as well, esp as Ari Henning recommends them!
mikal and Treve82 like this.

2014 CBR300
2004 XR250
SV 650 track bike

"Knees in the breeze is my only disease"
post #10 of 17 Old 06-17-2016, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi rider View Post
I'm keen to try the Bridgestones as well, esp as Ari Henning recommends them!
110/70 or 120/60, 150/60 for $200 usd
my Honda guy will mount and balance for $25 a tire. Not a bad deal I think
kiwi rider likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page