Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

The beginning of the end??? (Lowering pegs)

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  shisoshin 
#1 ·
I’ve been getting about ok on the bike since my knee surgery. The problem is, that even though I can bend my knee up to the peg, there is no way I can use the rear brake. So for the last week, I’ve been front brake only.
I bought some 25mm adjustable lowering pegs I think I am going to temporarily use on the rear brake side. Who knows.... if I like em, I might put em both on....Anyone know of any issues with these pegs?

I know I’m going to be getting to the end of my brake lever adjustment, but I harken back to the 1970’s and my old Honda CB and realize we are pretty spoiled :D

Reactions: airhead83
#2 ·
Glad your recovery is going well. I'll remind you of what you probably already know.. Up to 70% of your bike's braking capacity comes from the front brakes. That's pretty reassuring. Especially for an experienced rider like you, that knows how to modulate and control the front brake lever. Certainly not ideal without use of the rear brake, but comforting to know. :serious:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.