LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 Old 12-09-2018, 06:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 124 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
I cannot join any Motorcycle Clubs

The only bad thing about the CB300F is that I cannot join any Motorcycle Clubs.

The cruiser guys wont take me in and the sport-bike groups are full of >600cc crotch-rocket riders. There is not club for CB300 and come to think of it I have not seen a single CB300F in my entire city other than mine. Not even once (in the 2 months I have been riding).

So there is no "biker brotherhood" for me

2016 CB300F - 8000 miles - 100% stock config
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 Old 12-09-2018, 08:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Could be the perfect opportunity to start your own!!! There are tonnes of riders in the ~300cc class these days, especially when including the slighty older 250cc bikes like the Ninja 250 and the CBR250R, plus of course the newer 300cc to 400cc class which is full of Yamahas and Kawasakis now.
King CobRa likes this.

Faster is not always better...!
post #3 of 11 Old 12-10-2018, 02:41 AM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1798 Post(s)
Rather than looking for a club to join do you have any friends, family or work colleagues who ride?
The whole time I had my CBR I rode with friends who had bigger bikes than me and sure, sometimes if they wanted to let off steam they would blast off ahead, but not often as the little CBR would sit on 70mph easy enough. I'd be nipping at their heels going through the twisties anyways once the road tightened up!
CDNHONDAR likes this.

2014 CBR300 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400

post #4 of 11 Old 12-10-2018, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
No,

I actually dont have any friends PERIOD. Only acquaintances that I meet at Alcoholics Anonymous meetings. And they never invite me to ride because they are either cruiser guys or crotchrocket (more than 600cc) guys.

I wouldnt want to ride with the crotch-rocket squids even if they invited me because those guys are doing wheelies on the Highway and going over 120 mph. I am not interested in such high-risk driving.

I agree it would be nice to organize a group of 250cc and 300cc riders but there are so few of us and the ones that exist it seems that they are only riding a 300cc bike "temporarily" until they upgrade their skills to get a 600

Me on the other hand I am happy with this bike because I was looking for a reliable commuter that gets good fuel economy and is narrow enough for lane splitting and lane filtering (illegal in my state but i still do it everyday).

I am actually law abiding other than the lane splitting and lane filtering (Which I do in moderation, I mean when the traffic is REALLY heavy and thick). I mean if there are 5 or less cars waiting at a red light I am not going to lane split to pass them.

post #5 of 11 Old 12-11-2018, 09:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Well I suspect there is a bit of "tongue-in-cheek" in your original post but you might consider the Four Stroke Singles club (www.fssnoc.com) or - depending on your age - Home although looks like the latter is cruiser orientated.
post #6 of 11 Old 12-11-2018, 03:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Garage
Here in Germany, most MCs are cruiser only - or even worse: Harley only. The have strange habbits and membership rules (immitating Hells Angels). Some of them are criminal. Other groups are rather a "get together" than a real club. There are exceptions like 50cc owners or very old bikes. The 125cc are teenage bikes. The class below 500ccm is for adult beginners or commuters, nothing to create a community.
The rest meets for rides or live in the same neigborhood. Some social media groups and forums organize frequent meetings and even big events with several 100 bikes.

I'm member of some multi brand groups and we meet once a year.
post #7 of 11 Old 12-11-2018, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 176 Post(s)
I prefer to ride alone. I didn't buy a bike to fit in. I'm sure you could find a local group pretty quickly on Facebook.
shisoshin and Gromit like this.

2016 CBR300R non-ABS
post #8 of 11 Old 12-12-2018, 04:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I think you guys have a point.

The clubs are either

1) cruiser only with leather vests and often involved in criminal activities
2) crotch rocket kiddies that meet up to drive dangerously with wheelies on the highway and crazy speeds
3) [Meetup.c0m] a group that only rides for a short while and then stops at bar to get drunk

So I guess its a "lone wolf's life" for 300cc owners. Especially because the majority of society sees a 250 or 300cc bike as a "stepping stone" in the journey of motorcycling.

But I must be in the minority of riders that wants to keep riding a 300cc forever and ever. Im happy with mine so far and have not even experienced Wide Open Throttle to the maximum to experience the CB300F's top speed on the highway. I dont even think I have gone over 80mph yet in the whole time I have owned the bike.
atown8605 likes this.

post #9 of 11 Old 12-12-2018, 06:35 PM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Garage
We have a Honda Owners Club with centres in different counties. Also local groups for any motorbike. Even a 'Over 50 and still on 2 wheels with an engine' group on our local Faceache site.
shisoshin and King CobRa like this.

Don't worry about old age - it doesn't last that long.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 CBR300RA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 11 Old 12-12-2018, 11:04 PM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by King CobRa View Post
So I guess its a "lone wolf's life" for 300cc owners. Especially because the majority of society sees a 250 or 300cc bike as a "stepping stone" in the journey of motorcycling.

But I must be in the minority of riders that wants to keep riding a 300cc forever and ever. Im happy with mine so far and have not even experienced Wide Open Throttle to the maximum to experience the CB300F's top speed on the highway. I dont even think I have gone over 80mph yet in the whole time I have owned the bike.

I think people like us are in the minority. I'm happy enough with my 300 and honestly I see myself keeping it for 5-10 years until I really get the itch to get something else. That said I'm seriously looking at the CRF450L *that* is my perfect bike even with the 1000km OCI's. Honestly if the 450 came out when I was shopping around I probably would have bought it at the drop of a dime and would keep it for ever and ever.
King CobRa likes this.

READY TO >> RACE

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page