If you could improve something on the CBR300, what would it be? - Page 4 - Honda CBR 300 Forum
 35Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 51 Old 08-27-2018, 12:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
I would tighten up the throttle, there is just too much twist to get to wide open on a bike that is so forgiving.
Does anyone know if there is an after market fix for this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 51 Old 08-28-2018, 01:00 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Garage
I find the bike is not bad as is-it's me I would need the lose 30-40 lbs for it to fit good-my friends say I don't look a bear on a bicycle-but I feel like one

It's not a big motorcycle just groovy little motor bike
post #33 of 51 Old 08-28-2018, 08:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage
It'll never happen since the bike is built to a price point but if I had my way;

- SS Brake lines out of the factory
- Stronger front springs (from the factory they're 0.49 kg/mm, I feel like 0.60 kg/mm wouldn't be terrible) and more adjustability. Honestly the 300 in stock form I feel the front end dives like mad when I'm on the brakes getting to the lights.
- Better rear shock. Not saying I need an Ohlins or Nitron out of the factory but some more adjustability would be appreciated even if it's just rebound adjustments and no lo/hi speed compression.

- I understand why they did it this way but instead of deriving it from the 250 and turning it into a 286cc they could have made it 300cc. It's just a stroked 250 motor right? They should be able to stroke and bore it to get a bit more displacement but then again it might increase the tooling and cost by quite a lot.
kiwi rider likes this.

READY TO >> RACE

post #34 of 51 Old 08-29-2018, 10:00 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I think kick stand needs to be improved or at least it's angle!
post #35 of 51 Old 08-29-2018, 10:24 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
+1 on the kick stand, it's the thing that probably bothers me the most.
post #36 of 51 Old 08-29-2018, 10:53 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
A lot of the little niggles that others have stated used to bother me, but either I don't know the difference or I just got used to it.
The horn button would bother me if I had another bike, but usually only takes one toot to adjust to a different bike, so no issue for me. The horn could be louder though, and I wish there were mounting points available for upgrades instead of having to farkle it yourself.
I got used to the kickstand, but I don't park in the wind so it's never been a concern. I'd replace if I had the inclination (no pun intended!).
Snatchy throttle is probably the biggest annoyance, but again I've got used to it. Got used to no gear indicator as well, although I do go for 7th gear bit on the open road.
Better/adjustable forks. This is probably the only mod I'm even considering right now. The brace helps, a bit, but the longer I have the bike, the more I look longingly at better equipped bikes.
Less weight (better p:w). An aftermarket muffler would help, but so would a diet. And I can hardly complain when I shove a load of crap under the seat and hide the horn from a train under the fairing. When my battery dies (3 years still going strong) I'll go lithium.
Better oil filter bolts. Ditched mine for stainless that are slightly shorter and don't bottom out, twist and break. Better yet, just change the oil filter to a cartridge screw in type. Hmmm, there's a possible conversion mod for some enterprising after-market parts maker!

Considering this is usually a newby bike, an optional 'maintenance pack' from Honda to go with the bike would be a great thing. Including, Paddock stand, oil change kit, chain cleaner/brush/lube, and some better tools. And perhaps a CLEAR diagram of how to get the friggin fairing off.
post #37 of 51 Old 08-29-2018, 11:37 PM

i have found the 15 tooth sprocket solves the 7th gear thing. half the time i'm running around in 5th, forgettingto shift to 6th. the snatchy throttle could probably be solved by the G2 ergonomic throttle thingie. its a throttle barrel with different curves/angles to the barrel. (don't quote me on the exact name but they're pricy but supposed to work great). for oil filter bolts, keep in mind that stainless bolts have no give(won't bend) but they will just snap off. for a paddock stand the $30 stand from harbor freight works great for this bike. it wouldn't lift my 750 shadow(not enough leverage) but you couldn't ask for a better rig for the 300f.
post #38 of 51 Old 08-29-2018, 11:53 PM

I've got an Anderson stand. Oz company (I think gone now). Indestructible stand - can't beat it. And if anyone wants one, Team-Moto Virginia (brisbane) have 3 or 4.
Can't remember if I shared my thoughts on the bolts here somewhere. I'll start a new thread maybe.
post #39 of 51 Old 08-30-2018, 06:46 AM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1798 Post(s)
The quotes below have saved me a heap of typing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tier1 View Post
- SS Brake lines out of the factory
- Stronger front springs
- Better rear shock.
- ... instead of deriving it from the 250 and turning it into a 286cc they could have made it 300cc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexxy View Post
...change the oil filter to a cartridge screw in type.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9th Honda View Post
... the 15 tooth sprocket solves the 7th gear thing.
Add to this list USD front forks.
CDNHONDAR likes this.

2014 CBR300 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400
post #40 of 51 Old 08-31-2018, 12:46 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Pretty much the same as others:

More angle on the side stand because right now I have a hard time trusting it when the pavement isn't flat, and a different muffler. The exhaust is just too damned big and sticks too far out to the side as well.

I also look for a 7th gear crazy often, but don't want to to change a sprocket as I don't want to lose acceleration.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page