Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

Bought a used 2015-2016 CBR300: Dont forget to check the recall!

8K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Teresa23 
#1 ·
Hey guys - i was prowling craigslist, and came across an exact copy of my bike: 2015 CBR300R in the white/red/blue color scheme. Seller said that the motor had seized up while he was commuting, and it was listed for $800.

I was like....haha...i know how to fix the motor, so i bought it earlier today. As i was starting to tear it down, for some reason, i decided to check for the frame punch that would indicate that the recall had been done (see attached pictures if you dont know what im talking about), but i couldnt find it! So i went onto the honda powersports recall page and entered the VIN....

THE RECALL SERVICE HASNT YET BEEN PERFORMED ON THIS BIKE!!!

I feel like i won the lotto. Cheap bike that will likely have most of the repairs done for free by the dealership.

Long story short - if you acquire a used CBR300 from model year 2015 or 2016, make sure to check the recall status!!

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Any Honda Safety Recall that includes the motorcycle you own, new or pre-owned, should be repaired at any authorized Honda Motorsport dealer, free of charge. The recall will cover all parts and labor. It's Honda's recall, they want it repaired for safety reasons.. It's their dime.

#13 ·
ohhh
have had my bike for 2 years. It won the endurance races in CMRA just before I bought it. I found out that the magnetic switch recall was done. The Rod Bearing recall, not done. Thanks!
Been running great until I had to lowside the other day when I ran out of run off at Roebling Road Racetrack, and purposefully dove off after a right side lowside. That caused the front to be a bit crooked so I'm looking up how to align the rear axle and the front forks myself....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.