• 2 Post By King CobRa

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 07-05-2019, 07:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1762 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
5,000th Post

This hasn't been a milestone that I've been working towards, just an observation. I only noticed recently that it was about to clock over.
It's taken me just shy of five years, so nearly three posts a day on average.
Yes, i need to get out more.
The forum has grown 10 fold since I joined if the member counter is any half accurate gauge. From four hundred and something to four thousand and something now and still growing..
Probably fair to say it's not as busy traffic wise as when the bike was a new model and there was a whole swag of excited new owners looking to mod their machines and compare notes etc, but I still enjoy the discussions on here despite no longer owning my CBR. The new CB300R will bring some new blood to the site no doubt.

Shout out to some of you who have suffered me for the full duration like @CDNHONDAR , @shisoshin , @Freezuch and of course our distinguished leader @MotoMike.
A good community to be a part of and I also enjoyed my time on here as the assistant moderator.

There's still a good few posts left in me yet I reckon, cheers!

2014 CBR300 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400

Last edited by kiwi rider; 07-05-2019 at 07:37 AM. Reason: poor maths
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 07-05-2019, 07:17 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Well Done. Even the most behaved Inmates still need a hand getting to the dining hall.

To ride or not to ride? What a stupid question.
post #3 of 9 Old 07-06-2019, 07:36 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1080 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by airhead83 View Post
Well Done. Even the most behaved Inmates still need a hand getting to the dining hall.
5000 Posts huh? My God... your gabby............. Glad your are still here my friend.... your one of the reasons I still hang out here.

The problem with bikes aimed at first time riders is that first time riders buy them..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Epic statement...from crazyjackcsa

post #4 of 9 Old 07-06-2019, 07:38 AM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1080 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNHONDAR View Post
5000 Posts huh? My God... your gabby............. Glad your are still here my friend.... your one of the reasons I still hang out here.
Silly me... not awake yet...Quote was supposed to be from Kiwi Riders post.................sigh...

The problem with bikes aimed at first time riders is that first time riders buy them..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Epic statement...from crazyjackcsa
post #5 of 9 Old 07-06-2019, 08:14 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNHONDAR View Post
Ha! You can talk ... 2.5K of CBR waffle posts to your name my friend.
Surely between us there must be the odd pearl of wisdom in there somewhere?

2014 CBR300 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400
post #6 of 9 Old 07-06-2019, 11:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
I seem to be underperforming...........

Brad Bachelor
"Marrying an old bachelor is like buying second-hand furniture." - Helen Rowland

Current: 2018 CBR300

Former Rides: 1971 Honda CT90, 1973 Honda CB175, 1978 Yamaha XS650, 1981 Honda CM200T, 1983 Yamaha XJ650 Turbo,1983 Honda VF750S, 1985 Kawasaki GPZ550, 1989 CBR600F1, 2006 Yamaha TW200, 2006 Suzuki GZ250, 2014 Honda CTX700N
post #7 of 9 Old 07-06-2019, 12:01 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 143 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi rider View Post
This hasn't been a milestone that I've been working towards, just an observation. I only noticed recently that it was about to clock over.
It's taken me just shy of five years, so nearly three posts a day on average.
Yes, i need to get out more.
The forum has grown 10 fold since I joined if the member counter is any half accurate gauge. From four hundred and something to four thousand and something now and still growing..
Probably fair to say it's not as busy traffic wise as when the bike was a new model and there was a whole swag of excited new owners looking to mod their machines and compare notes etc, but I still enjoy the discussions on here despite no longer owning my CBR. The new CB300R will bring some new blood to the site no doubt.

Shout out to some of you who have suffered me for the full duration like @CDNHONDAR , @shisoshin , @Freezuch and of course our distinguished leader @MotoMike.
A good community to be a part of and I also enjoyed my time on here as the assistant moderator.

There's still a good few posts left in me yet I reckon, cheers!
Congratulations in place, I guess!
You have been an instrumental part of this forum. I loved the photos you posted and they were part of the reason I kept looking at CBR and finally got one. As a new rider I have learned a lot from all you wise folks talking technical stuff about motorcycles, and I am sure some of your 5000 posts were contributing to that.
Even though I no longer own Honda and switched to Suzuki, it's like the first love, I keep coming back.
CDNHONDAR likes this.
post #8 of 9 Old 07-06-2019, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezuch View Post
Congratulations in place, I guess!
You have been an instrumental part of this forum. I loved the photos you posted and they were part of the reason I kept looking at CBR and finally got one. As a new rider I have learned a lot from all you wise folks talking technical stuff about motorcycles, and I am sure some of your 5000 posts were contributing to that.
Even though I no longer own Honda and switched to Suzuki, it's like the first love, I keep coming back.
Thank you for the kind words mate. Yes it was coincidental that at the time I bought my 300 I was having a photography phase that has kinda passed now, but I'm pleased they provided inspiration.
This forum is kinda like a comfortable slipper for me and part of my daily routine. Always check for new posts over breakfast. I got a bit busy with the Ninja forum there for a while and wasn't on here so much.
I like the fact that the prevailing vibe on here is one of maturity (within reason as there's always room for a laugh!) and everyone is respectful of one another.

Hey what was the Suzuki you bought again? I gotta 50 yr old memory Lol.

2014 CBR300 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400

Last edited by kiwi rider; 07-06-2019 at 04:37 PM.
post #9 of 9 Old 07-07-2019, 09:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
I would have more posts myself If I went back to taking pictures after each lubrication of my chain. =)

Ref:

https://www.cbr300forum.com/forum/en...hain-lube.html
kiwi rider and airhead83 like this.

2016 CB300F - 6500 miles - 100% stock config

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page