300r anyone re-align the high beam and always have both running? - Page 3 - Honda CBR 300 Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 29 Old 02-16-2016, 06:23 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
My understanding is that, it is required by law to have the lowbeam always on (in USA).
That's why every bike, or scooter comes with headlight always on when the engine is running.
Even the Asian scooters that have the switch built in (because Asians want to preserve energy by disabling the headlight during the day), that are imported in USA, are required to have the switch disabled. So most scooter manufacturers just remove the control wire, or connector pin; which gives you a wire and a control button for under bike LED Neon lights.

Highbeam might make you more visible during the day, but may be illegal at night, to prevent others from being blinded.

Last edited by MeeLee; 02-16-2016 at 06:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 29 Old 02-16-2016, 10:08 PM

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1080 Post(s)
Centuries ago when I took my Canada Safety Council Motorcycle course I was told to always ride during the day with your High Beam on. That way you are more visual to drivers and if that light fails..you still have your Low Beam.
mikal likes this.

The problem with bikes aimed at first time riders is that first time riders buy them..
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Epic statement...from crazyjackcsa
post #23 of 29 Old 02-17-2016, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeLee View Post
My understanding is that, it is required by law to have the lowbeam always on (in USA).
That's why every bike, or scooter comes with headlight always on when the engine is running.
Even the Asian scooters that have the switch built in (because Asians want to preserve energy by disabling the headlight during the day), that are imported in USA, are required to have the switch disabled. So most scooter manufacturers just remove the control wire, or connector pin; which gives you a wire and a control button for under bike LED Neon lights.

Highbeam might make you more visible during the day, but may be illegal at night, to prevent others from being blinded.
Well almost every bike I see around town has no headlights on at all during the day. They usually aren't newer bikes so maybe that's why? I don't think everyone is disabling it. Even the rear tail light always being on..not sure if that's a law either? I will have to pay attention today and look at autos more and see. I sure wish our U.S. bikes came with those 2 tiny drivers/parking lights up in the corners of the headlight tho.
CDNHONDAR likes this.

post #24 of 29 Old 02-17-2016, 10:23 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 446 Post(s)
Again, i believe I heard someone say, but haven't verified myself, that bikes manufactured from a certain time, come from the factory without the rider having the ability to turn off the headlight (unless you cut a wire, install a switch... or destroy the bulb).

Some bike lights may not be very visible in broad day light, despite being on.
mikal likes this.
post #25 of 29 Old 02-18-2016, 07:51 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeeLee View Post
Again, i believe I heard someone say, but haven't verified myself, that bikes manufactured from a certain time, come from the factory without the rider having the ability to turn off the headlight (unless you cut a wire, install a switch... or destroy the bulb).

Some bike lights may not be very visible in broad day light, despite being on.
Yah I happen to like it on as a safety feature anyhow. I just get tired of people always telling me that 1 of my headlights are out!!
post #26 of 29 Old 01-28-2017, 02:15 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Does anyone on the planet know how to adjust the highbeam on the R model or know what the adjusting knob on the top right side behind the headlights does ? I have a Thai owners manual, no help. I have seen owners manual for the F on the web, no help. The lower knob behind the headlites does the lowbeam adjustment. If anyone out there can look at the owners manual for the R in english & let me know what it says on headlite adjustment, I would be most thankful !
post #27 of 29 Old 01-28-2017, 04:02 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosmoe View Post
If anyone out there can look at the owners manual for the R in english & let me know what it says on headlite adjustment, I would be most thankful !
https://gnite.pl/pliki/index.php/s/3ftqVmXqc4SIcjQ
post #28 of 29 Old 02-01-2017, 06:14 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Hi in my Honda service manual it is wrong.

You have four adjustment one up on every side

to fix horisontal. Then two low close to the midle,

for the vertical. This is hard to see, and not in the manual.

Ride on ! Cay.
post #29 of 29 Old 02-04-2017, 02:27 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Cay, Thank you, Thank you. You are the only one on the planet that knew how to do this. I even took it by the Honda Dealer here in Chiang Mai, either they didn't understand me or didn't know about the other 2 adjusters. The one for the highbean is a little hidden. Leave it to Honda that they even angled the slot where you put in the screwdriver to move the adjuster so you don't hit the front fender. All is good now !! Thanks again. The inter net is good for something.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page