300r anyone re-align the high beam and always have both running? - Honda CBR 300 Forum
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 29 Old 10-29-2015, 01:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
300r anyone re-align the high beam and always have both running?

I don't know if anyone else has this issue, but at night time when I put on my high beam it doesn't do much at all. Mine is stock, haven't touched it 1 bit and when turned on it kind of shoots up and over to the left. I think both headlights straight forward would be much better. I looked at the shape of the high beam reflector inside and it looks identical as the daytime running light to me. Am I wrong? Has anyone adjusted their high beam to equal that of the daytime running light? IMO, I would think it would dramatically increase my night time view of what's directly in front of me. Any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 Old 10-29-2015, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Both my beams are fine for Chinese made lamps, on the dark roads the high beam lights straight up in front, I did change the little sidelights as they were yellow for some 4300k which are white.
I tried some Osram nightbreakers but saw no real difference so sent them back.
Maybe they just need adjustment or a bad variation in the OEM, try some Osram 4300k lamps as they are cheap.

Mark
post #3 of 29 Old 11-01-2015, 06:07 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark65 View Post
Both my beams are fine for Chinese made lamps, on the dark roads the high beam lights straight up in front, I did change the little sidelights as they were yellow for some 4300k which are white.
I tried some Osram nightbreakers but saw no real difference so sent them back.
Maybe they just need adjustment or a bad variation in the OEM, try some Osram 4300k lamps as they are cheap.

Mark
ahh you have the tiny driver's lights up in the top V corner? In the U.S. we don't get them for some reason. There is a plastic plug in the hole where the bulb would go. Don't know why. Also..you drive on the wrong side of the road! So your highbeam may be at a different angle? Seems like each Country the lights are a bit different. I have Philips 8000k bulbs in. Low and High.

post #4 of 29 Old 11-02-2015, 09:59 AM

Lol, we drive on the right side, ask the Romans, they built a lot of roads here he he.
Wonder why you don't get the side lights, again our keys are chipped, yours not, can't see it costing that much to change. Prolly just our crap euro laws.
post #5 of 29 Old 11-02-2015, 01:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Red face

[QUOTE=Mark65;128170]Lol, we drive on the right side, ask the Romans, they built a lot of roads here he he.
Wonder why you don't get the side lights, again our keys are chipped, yours not, can't see it costing that much to change. Prolly just our crap euro laws.[/QUOTc
a new chipped key here for cars are like $100 bux! American isn't cheap lol
post #6 of 29 Old 11-02-2015, 03:34 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
I don't know if anyone else has this issue, but at night time when I put on my high beam it doesn't do much at all. Mine is stock, haven't touched it 1 bit and when turned on it kind of shoots up and over to the left. I think both headlights straight forward would be much better. I looked at the shape of the high beam reflector inside and it looks identical as the daytime running light to me. Am I wrong? Has anyone adjusted their high beam to equal that of the daytime running light? IMO, I would think it would dramatically increase my night time view of what's directly in front of me. Any thoughts?
If you want real performance you'll want to put in a HID projector. Someone did that to his 300R somewhere here...

The downside to what you're suggesting is that you'll have no high beam which will really suck if you ever need to out in the country. Can the high beam even be adjusted much? I'm thinking the optics of the reflector won't match the low beam.
post #7 of 29 Old 11-02-2015, 04:22 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nayr14 View Post
If you want real performance you'll want to put in a HID projector. Someone did that to his 300R somewhere here...

The downside to what you're suggesting is that you'll have no high beam which will really suck if you ever need to out in the country. Can the high beam even be adjusted much? I'm thinking the optics of the reflector won't match the low beam.
To me both reflectors look identical. I don't want to mess around with the HID's. I've read some installations and don't really want to open up the headlight or cut larger holes. I'm happy with the light I have from the low beam, but the high beam just seems useless to me
post #8 of 29 Old 11-03-2015, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hi Mark, what do you mean about " our keys are chipped" are you saying the have immobilisers on our uk bikes ?
post #9 of 29 Old 12-01-2015, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjak View Post
Hi Mark, what do you mean about " our keys are chipped" are you saying the have immobilisers on our uk bikes ?
I would assume so, as even with the right key it should not start without it, my dealer told me to be very careful with the keys as they are expensive to replace.
post #10 of 29 Old 02-14-2016, 09:48 PM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
I haven't really done any night riding yet, but I anticipate the lights will be next to useless, so...

My plan is to cut the high beam and connect the low and high together and adjust the aim down to match the low. Then connect the high wire to a relay that switches after-market LED driving light(s) direct from battery via the new high beam relay. That way I get both crappy bulbs on low, and a decent high beam, and protect the existing wiring load wise.

Just need to find somewhere to mount the high beams...

Does that sound feasible?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page