LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 45 Old 07-25-2016, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_ace View Post
Wow, just got an email back from jettuning saying they canget them again. I believe dynojet isnt making them have a minimum order of 10 anymore.

I find it amusing that this happens after i emailed dynojet with links to this thread etc im sure its just coincedence tho.

But yeh, if I'd waited barely a week i wouldn't have any guess work. That said, the bonus of the wb2 from hardracing is its presetup to give the altered stock O2 sensor.

I'm not sure how the jettuning pcvs work around the O2 on peoples cbr250r.

I might need to join their forums and ask.
From what I've seen there's a couple active people using those on the 250 forum just ask around I'm sure you'll have good luck. That's funny you've done all the hard work already. Definitely a good write up though.
mikal likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 45 Old 07-26-2016, 02:42 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
I think they just disconnect the O2 sensor like bazzaz and ejk.

Jetttuning have given me the 300 base map. Hopefully the grom pcv accepts it.

If not it should be easy to calibrate the speed and gearing. It still has tables for 6 gears.

dukeofbjorbon likes this.
post #23 of 45 Old 07-26-2016, 07:14 AM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
The instructions for the PCV on 250r/300 say to disconnect the O2.
I kept giving you links for the PCV!! One place had it on sale for $297 +free shipping(maybe only free in U.S.)

post #24 of 45 Old 07-26-2016, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Had to manually input jetts maps as not compatible, but i never really intended trying out other peoples maps, needs to be dyno'd. I just did the timing maps for now. Took it for a spin. Through the gears. No issues.

Ill load the 80-100% fuelling maps next. Leaving the 02 sensor in for now. See how it goes, then next ill remove the O2 and input the rest of the fuelling maps.

i have a cheap danmoto exh on the way so i can weld the wideband into the header and get that to alter the 0-60% fuelling.

I wont take it in for a dyno tune until the recalls done with the hicomp piston and cams fitted. Hopefully ill get it on the dyno just for a power run before to see how its going and then see what the gains are.

A mate runs an automotive workshop with 2wd dyno. Im going to chip in with him and another guy to get the motorcycle attachment, but not for a few weeks yet.
dukeofbjorbon and mikal like this.
post #25 of 45 Old 07-27-2016, 07:51 AM

Do you have an aftermarket air filter? Did you plug up the Pair valve?

post #26 of 45 Old 07-27-2016, 07:57 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I loaded the 80-100% throttle fuel maps. Im actually surprised at the difference the ignition timing adjustments have made. I didnt really expect anything noticeable and mainly got it for when i fit the cam and piston. But its overall more responsive and torquey, i found my self cruising in a higher gear with lower rpm than usual.

Dynojet gave me the rev extend code but i also need them to send me a table with the extra rpm rows.

Ive also done a seperate map for the O2 sensor removal which ill give a little test on the weekend.

So all up, really apart from having to contact dynojet for a couple alterations on the software if you want to map to 10500rpm, its plug and play. Tbh i find the bike still performs best to 9000rpm and dont see any benefit going over and if i wasnt fitting the cam etc id prob wouldnt even bother with the higher rpm map.

I still find it interesting how there are large areas of the fuelling map where fuel is removed in the 80-100% throttle region. Contrary to popular belief.
post #27 of 45 Old 07-27-2016, 07:59 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Do you have an aftermarket air filter? Did you plug up the Pair valve?
Yes to air filter. No to pair valve. O2 sensor is still connected atm so no need to block it and i dont get any crazy amounts of decel popping.
mikal likes this.
post #28 of 45 Old 07-27-2016, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_ace View Post
I loaded the 80-100% throttle fuel maps. Im actually surprised at the difference the ignition timing adjustments have made. I didnt really expect anything noticeable and mainly got it for when i fit the cam and piston. But its overall more responsive and torquey, i found my self cruising in a higher gear with lower rpm than usual.

Dynojet gave me the rev extend code but i also need them to send me a table with the extra rpm rows.

Ive also done a seperate map for the O2 sensor removal which ill give a little test on the weekend.

So all up, really apart from having to contact dynojet for a couple alterations on the software if you want to map to 10500rpm, its plug and play. Tbh i find the bike still performs best to 9000rpm and dont see any benefit going over and if i wasnt fitting the cam etc id prob wouldnt even bother with the higher rpm map.

I still find it interesting how there are large areas of the fuelling map where fuel is removed in the 80-100% throttle region. Contrary to popular belief.
Do you mind me asking how much you paid for the PCV Grom version? Does it run the same amount as the 250r/300r PCV?

post #29 of 45 Old 07-27-2016, 08:45 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
I bought it from hardracing, as they're the only ones that sell it with the wb2 preprogrammed to mimic the stock narrow O2 with an altered signal to give the grom 13.5afr, which should be the same for the cbr300r. It was cheaper than the official unit from jettuning. $299 for pcv and 249 for wb2 60ish for the gauge.

HARD RACING PERFORMANCE / HARD CORE SPORTS SHOPPING CART - DYNOJET_ (POWER COMMANDERS & Autotune & WideCommanders)

The only way to access the narrow band programming on the wb2 is with the optional pod, which i didnt want to purchase at this time.

I should ad, full credit to john ethel at jettuning for his ign and fuelling maps for the stock cbr.

I prefer the plug and play style of the grom version rather than having to plug in multple plugs and use those positaps...yuck. its far less intrusive and easier to remove.
mikal likes this.
post #30 of 45 Old 07-27-2016, 09:44 AM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
I was simply asking if the Grom version was only a PGM-FI ECU piggyback? Versus the other PC that piggy backs to all sensors except the 1 spliced TPS wire. Bazzaz has an ECU only piggyback and EJK has a Fuel Injector only piggyback. I have all the PDF's for different brand FC's for the 300 so I know how they install. That's all I was asking as to why you went with the Grom PCV.
I thought I had seen it for sale back when I as looking for FC's but you're saying they don't make them anymore for the 300? I have a friend in my riding group with a PCV on his 300f, he loves it
*edit I see some sites do say discontinued on the PCV but I have found some sites with it still in stock(or so they say)
Was there an issue they had? Why did they discontinue them?
This site says in stock $276 + free shipping(us only maybe?)
https://www.maniacmotorsport.com/pro...g-CRoCtubw_wcB
I sent them an email and got the expected reply of "apoligies we put this up to early, its not currently available for the 300. And we will email you when one is available"

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page