Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Too loud lol. You should hear my 8cylinders
Probably shouldnt

Anyhow, with some manipulation i got my two bros slipon to marry up with the danmoto header. Plugged the pair with an old ball bearing from the wheel bearings of a sw20 mr2. Perfect fit...lol

Also hooked up the wb2 narrow band simulation wire and enable various settings in the pcV. Now it runs at a fairly consitent 13.5afr in the closed loop area.

Ill have to enable the auto tune for the 80%+ tps area to get better mapping there. And look into settings for accl enrichment to oron out the afr drop with throttle changes.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 Old 08-13-2016, 07:00 AM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 787 Post(s)
Looks good. Yah I ran across my old Mussari exhaust the other day and was thinking of how I could match it up to my DanMoto header as well. I'd have to cut the Mussari midpipe and weld it on. So I figured I'd just leave it.
Good deal with the wideband. I enabled the "throttle accelerator" on the EJK and it's great. It works just like the old carbs use to.
post #43 of 45 Old 09-18-2016, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
righto, so I'd been a bit lazy with tweaking the power commander, finally got round to doing some today.

with the WB2 adjusted O2 signal giving me the 13.5afr my economy dropped about 2km/L.

this started to bug me as i don't need 13.5afr when cruising etc, previously before i had the PCV i disconnected the stock O2 sensor and it wouldn't idle so i thought i'd try it again with having no O2 signal to the ecu, loaded in the full fuel maps from JETT and added a bit of full for startup, and bang, starts and idles like a dream.

so now i can have closed loop fueling via the autotune but with whatever afrs i want at each rpm/tps setting. hopefully this will get me back my good economy and still have the extra oomph when fanging it.

i also noticed that at idle it ran quit rich around 11, so i've adjusted the fueling there, no point burning excess fuel whilst stationary.

still ned to tweak the accl function, but i'll do that once th autotune has srted out th fuel maps first, then se where i need to tweak. i had too much and for too long once, it'd drop to 11afr then the ecu would over compensate. was funny watching the afr readings go up and down like a yoyo. at least you know the functions working......

now i really want to get the pod300 so i can data log and have the tps readings to watch etc

post #44 of 45 Old 06-05-2018, 07:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi, sorry to revive an old thread. But I’ve just bought myself a Grom PCV and was hoping you could pass on the CBR300R PCV maps. Cheers
post #45 of 45 Old 06-15-2018, 04:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Thomas M. Daley Send a message via MSN to Thomas M. Daley
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oddy0682 View Post
Hi, sorry to revive an old thread. But I’ve just bought myself a Grom PCV and was hoping you could pass on the CBR300R PCV maps. Cheers
Hi Oddy,

Just want ask a few questions, if you have purchased a Grom PCV, is that the FI controller??
I bought a PCV FI controller for my CBR250R when I fitted the kit to take it to 305cc.

These are not plug and play with a downloadable/uploadable function, it already has 15 maps/selections installed, you need to select what you have done to your engine.

If Grom engine is standard it is best not to fit.
Settings are affected if piston, camshaft, exhaust has been changed that is why you have 15 selections and the!!
Product number is 05-04-0016, applicable model. Grom (JC61-1000001)

The above will not fit the CBR300R (286cc) engine or the BBK 305cc engine.
You need the:
Product number 05-04-0018, applicable model CBR250R (305cc) (MC41-1000001-1399999)
This FI PCV has 17 map/selections.

Once you have selected the map for the changes to the Engine, whether piston/cams/exhaust or any combination. When you have selected and loaded that map you then need do the fueling.
You start of at 5, you need more fuel you increase. A sports exhaust will have deleted the O2 sensor so you need to set up using an Air Fuel sensor on preferably a Dyno.

If I have muddied the waters sorry. I fitted racing cams, 305cc hi-comp piston, straight through Akrapovic exhaust and it were a pain.

Last edited by Thomas M. Daley; 06-15-2018 at 04:28 AM. Reason: Grammar

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page