• 1 Post By mikal

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 10-18-2016, 11:44 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Riding without Gauge Cluster

Just wondering if anyone knows if there are potential issues with this. I took off all the fairings, headlight, dash, and gauge cluster to work on my projector beams. Something came up and I need to take a quick ride with my bike though and definitely don't feel like putting the whole thing back together for a 5 min trip.

So is the gauge cluster just a simple readout? Like a 1 way from the ECU to Gauges, or is there any kind of feedback from the gauges back to the ECU?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-18-2016, 12:54 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
After looking around a bit on the cbr1000rr forum it looks like no. They talk about a ground wire that goes from the ECU to the Instrument panel and without it being grounded the Fuel Injector won't fire. I haven't tested this out. Just plugged the cluster in anyway to be safe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 6 Old 10-18-2016, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 1023 Post(s)
Yeah, as I recall the engine will not run with out instrument cluster plugged into the main harness, or in it's place some 'hot wire' jumpers.
mikal likes this.

ďMachines never lie.
Success will always come if theyíre really good.
So letís show the world what weíve done.
Then they can see the real Honda!Ē

- Founder Soichiro Honda at the inception of the Honda Collection Hall.

Former Factory Test Rider/Technician

post #4 of 6 Old 10-18-2016, 10:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I ordered a Morimoto Mini D2S 4.0 projector kit from theretrofitsource that I haven't had a chance to install yet. Please gives us your thoughts/tips on the install. I was able to retro fit my car with them in the past so I'm at least familiar with the process. Thanks!
mikal likes this.
post #5 of 6 Old 10-19-2016, 03:42 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigostar1931 View Post
I ordered a Morimoto Mini D2S 4.0 projector kit from theretrofitsource that I haven't had a chance to install yet. Please gives us your thoughts/tips on the install. I was able to retro fit my car with them in the past so I'm at least familiar with the process. Thanks!
I have morimoto's as well. I've had them laying around for months, I've been slowly buying all the parts I need. As long as everything is ripped apart I got a new front fairing, Puig windscreen, a couple led lighted push button switches that I'm gonna install on the dash, and some white side emitting led lights to go around the inside frame of each headlight. It's taken quite a while to get all the parts and plan all the electrical wiring for it. I already had just the morimoto hid bulbs installed. I glued red devil eyes in with a white ccfl halo. Gonna spray the chrome inside flat black
kiwi rider likes this.

post #6 of 6 Old 10-22-2016, 10:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikal View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigostar1931 View Post
I have morimoto's as well. I've had them laying around for months, I've been slowly buying all the parts I need. As long as everything is ripped apart I got a new front fairing, Puig windscreen, a couple led lighted push button switches that I'm gonna install on the dash, and some white side emitting led lights to go around the inside frame of each headlight. It's taken quite a while to get all the parts and plan all the electrical wiring for it. I already had just the morimoto hid bulbs installed. I glued red devil eyes in with a white ccfl halo. Gonna spray the chrome inside flat black
Awesome! Where did you hide the igniter and ballast? Did you run he harness on the left or right side?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page