Mirrors with integrated turn signals - Honda CBR 300 Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 11-30-2017, 02:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Mirrors with integrated turn signals

Hey guys how's it going I have a 2016 cbr300r the issue I'm having his I have flush mount turn signals that I installed that also stay on as running lights I hooked up my mirrors with integrated turn signals to them and realize that they do not turn off so the little arrow in the mirror is constantly on is there a way to make them not running lights so that it only blinks when I trigger the blinker switch thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-01-2017, 03:52 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
If you're in the USA i think its a DOT feature. Not sure if you can bypass that but see if these folks can help. They make relays.

post #3 of 5 Old 12-07-2017, 10:25 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Yeah I have the relay flasher installed to stop the hyper flashing was just hoping there was a way I could put Power and a blinker to it without a constant

post #4 of 5 Old 12-27-2017, 11:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Are they the exact same brightness with or without the turn signal? Or does it get slightly brighter when you turn your signal on? I'm running into a similar issue with my '15 300R. I'm trying to install switchback halos as a part of my headlight retrofit but the way Honda did these turn signals is hard to work with.

I was able to measure the signal at the front turn signals, the dimmer "running light" mode is actually a PWM pulse with about 60% duty cycle, and the full brightness for the turn signal is a constant 12V. The dimmer PWM is still enough to trigger the switchback input of the halos, so they won't turn off of amber.

I've been trying to build a simple circuit to filter that PWM out so that only the constant 12V gets through, which sounds like what you need as well to make your mirror work. No luck so far though. I wonder how many other bikes are wired like this, maybe someone else has solved this already.

What mirrors did you get?
post #5 of 5 Old 12-27-2017, 02:24 PM

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Quoted: 787 Post(s)
Are you saying you just want the little blue LED that shows in the mirror off and only blink when you turn on the blinker? I had the 600rr mirror/signals and there were 3 wires for the mirror. 2 positive/1 negative. 1 of the positive wires that run the blue LED just gets straight power. The light and blinker on the outside are hooked directly to the OEM wiring. There is a relay in the mirror so when the blinker is turned on it only gives the blue LED power then

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page