LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 04-29-2018, 10:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
tail light wire schematics and gauge

I have a 2016 CBR 300 and I am looking into installing an LED light kit. The kit turns the lights red when you brake. My plan was to use my tail lights wiring, I was going to use a posi-tap connector to power the light, and to connect the brake light wire to the tail light wire just before the wires are connected to the tail light. My wires aren't colored the way I would expect them to be, red, white, black. They are brown, green and blue.

So I have two questions. Does anyone know what the gauge is to those wires, and what is the color scheme to those wires?

Now that I think of it, I guess I have a third question. Has anyone installed a LED light kit that does this, if so, what was your experience? Is my plan to use the tail light wrong? Here's a link to the LED kit I am talking about.

XKchrome iOS Android App Bluetooth Control Advanced 6 pod 2 strip kit for LED Motorcycle Neon Underglow Accent Light Kit Campatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch

I found this link for the wire scheme, but it doesn't say what is the positive, negative, etc...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bwm...VxR2FMdG8/view

I have found a wire color guide. Assuming it is correct, one is labeled brake, one is high beam, and one is tail. Which would I treat as the ground wire, and which is the power?

https://electricalconnection.com/ind...e-color-codes/

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20180429_093715.jpg (3.97 MB, 13 views)

Last edited by stinkyfarts; 04-29-2018 at 11:02 AM. Reason: added a link
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 04-29-2018, 03:46 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Garage
I have a stop/tail light fitted to my topbox and picks up from the rear light circuit. I soldered the additional circuit to provide the best possible connections. I put a waterproof connector in the topbox line to enable me to remove the box if required. This photo is from the same arrangement I had on my Deauville big topbox. The topbox I have on the CBR is the small one from the Deauville with the same light unit and connectors.

LED Reflector Red Rear Tail Brake Stop Marker Light Truck Trailer SUV CE DOT SAE

• ITEM PRICE:£3.29
  • ITEM ID:162029833718
  • SELLER:comyur (445135)99.1% positive Feedback

Don't worry about old age - it doesn't last that long.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 CBR300RA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page