LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 02-04-2019, 01:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Proton 500 bright flush signal lights

Has anyone here adopted -- no direct fit available -- the Proton 500 flush front signals to a CBR300r, and if so which Proton 500 for which other bike did they use? Or can anyone tell me if the Honda CBR500r or Honda Grom -- direct fit for those bikes available -- have recesses for stock signal stalks in their fairing identical to the recesses in the CBR300r?

Also, how hard a job is it to remove the handlebar weights and inner dampeners from the CBR300r, can't find a how to video on the subject for our bike. In hand: Bar end mirrors and covers for fairing holes from stock mirrors.

Finally 42F "balmy" day: Targa fender eliminator installed complementing integrated sequential signal Motodynamic tail light.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 02-04-2019, 03:44 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
What mirror covers did you go with? If Yoshimura was still producing the black ones instead of the "Works edition" gray ones, I would've bought them. I'm not sure about the $15 ones from China on ebay.

2016 CBR300R
post #3 of 6 Old 02-04-2019, 10:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Viz-Honda View Post
What mirror covers did you go with? If Yoshimura was still producing the black ones instead of the "Works edition" gray ones, I would've bought them. I'm not sure about the $15 ones from China on ebay.
Have the Chinese ones through Amazon.

post #4 of 6 Old 02-06-2019, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
hightechspeed.com, supplier of Proton 500 flush signals, has sent me scale sized base dimension pictures of the direct fit Honda signals they offer. I'll print them out, cut them out, and when weather permits see which one of the cutouts matches our CBR300r socket size and post what I find out here.

I'm attracted to the Proton units because they are the brightest on the market, contain integrated relays, and self contain a control for programing for speed of flash, brightness of flash, and as running lights or not.
post #5 of 6 Old 02-07-2019, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
[QUOTE=Sam R.;328716]
Also, how hard a job is it to remove the handlebar weights and inner dampeners from the CBR300r, can't find a how to video on the subject for our bike.

There are a couple youtube videos, search for Honda bar end weights or near that. At the end of the bars about 1/2" there are 2 holes, use a small screwdriver to push in the clips while pulling the clip thing out with needle nose pliers, you will probably destroy them. Then put a 6mm screw through the center and pull the weight out. You may need to spray some WD 40 into the bar if it has been on a while.
post #6 of 6 Old 02-07-2019, 01:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
(Thread Starter)
[quote=JACoH;328758]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam R. View Post
Also, how hard a job is it to remove the handlebar weights and inner dampeners from the CBR300r, can't find a how to video on the subject for our bike.

There are a couple youtube videos, search for Honda bar end weights or near that. At the end of the bars about 1/2" there are 2 holes, use a small screwdriver to push in the clips while pulling the clip thing out with needle nose pliers, you will probably destroy them. Then put a 6mm screw through the center and pull the weight out. You may need to spray some WD 40 into the bar if it has been on a while.
Thanks JaCoH!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page