97Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 72 Old 02-16-2019, 01:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by King CobRa View Post
My advice is same as earlier. Practice contentment. We are being brainwashed with marketing messages and corporatism and being hypnotized to BUY, BUY, BUY. It feels good in the moment but even if I bought a brand new 2019 model today I would find that the "pizzaz" is lost after a month or 2.
This could have come straight out of the "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"
Hi-Viz-Honda and King CobRa like this.

Faster is not always better...!

Last edited by Shiny Ride; 02-16-2019 at 01:50 AM. Reason: Dating myself here hah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 72 Old 02-16-2019, 10:13 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 76 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiny Ride View Post
This could have come straight out of the "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance"
That is a very good book- if you can understand the deepnest of what he's saying- it will really make you think about life- I read it more an 30 years ago and reread it about every 5 years or so because he road a 305 Superhawk and I had one in 1966 he rode a 1964- the trouble he had with the top end burning up that he found out a washer was missing behind the oil filter- I knew exactly what he was talking about -in 1967 I was working at my local Honda shop and would see the washer thing happen when people would try to clean the filter themself not knowing that washer was back there and it would fall into the engine never causing any problems only the oil pressure would be low and slowly starve the top end of oil-- and this has been another blast from the past
shisoshin and Shiny Ride like this.
post #63 of 72 Old 02-16-2019, 12:52 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Garage
I remember reading it some years ago. It obviously means a lot more to you on your side of the pond as you know the places. (I hope).

Anyway, back to the thread...... DO NOT TRADE. (has that helped?)
kiwi rider and Hi-Viz-Honda like this.

Don't worry about old age - it doesn't last that long.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 CBR300RA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #64 of 72 Old 02-19-2019, 01:13 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
I thought when I'd worked my way up through the displacements to the FJ1200s it would be my keeper. It nearly was, I loved it and it gave me 20 years of trouble free thrill rides. But in the end I didn't outgrow it, it outgrew 76 year old when I sold it me. I wish I'd kept the honking little Ducati Diana desmo 250 I had near the beginning of my bike fun in reserve as I worked my way through ever bigger more powerful bikes as you, Hi-Viz, plan to do with your 300 if you buy the 500. Not only would it be fun to choose between the 2 the most appealing for a given ride, like many of us here, after you've sampled and enjoyed the range of increasingly powerful bikes, you might find the 300 best provides what you want.
shisoshin and Hi-Viz-Honda like this.
post #65 of 72 Old 02-19-2019, 10:21 AM

Garage
I will buy another bike this spring that's a given and it will have little bigger engine(only because bigger bikes have bigger engines)I need a bigger seat to peg to bars ratio- 80% sure it will be a Honda 500- but I will not sell the 300F- why-two reasons first resale value very low with all the rebates going on- second I just like the little thing it brings me back to what I call the good old days 60's but much improved
post #66 of 72 Old 02-20-2019, 11:08 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
post #67 of 72 Old 02-20-2019, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
^ Watched that one this morning. If it came in all black, or better yet the same matte black / hi-viz yellow my CBR came in, I'd trade up for it today. I'm sort of thankful the USA only gets the (in my opinion, ugly) red and silver combo.

2016 CBR300R
post #68 of 72 Old 02-20-2019, 11:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Whatever floats your boat. I tried the 500 a couple years ago on a Honda demo ride. My recollection is it was kinda gutless. I took the 300 for the last ride of the day - thought why not i was already there. I had so much fun on the 300 it was like I was 16 all over again. Its a daily driver for me, light and easy to get around. I ride it the most despite having a CB1100 and a Goldwing (soon to be two Goldwings) in the garage. The little 300 is just fun, fun, fun.
post #69 of 72 Old 02-21-2019, 10:07 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hi-Viz-Honda View Post
^ Watched that one this morning. If it came in all black, or better yet the same matte black / hi-viz yellow my CBR came in, I'd trade up for it today. I'm sort of thankful the USA only gets the (in my opinion, ugly) red and silver combo.
Watch what you say about trading because the CB300R does come in all mat black in the USA
Hi-Viz-Honda likes this.
post #70 of 72 Old 02-21-2019, 11:19 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Have you watched the strangest comparison though? A little too scripted but it showed the little CB that could!

Hi-Viz-Honda and King CobRa like this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page