Honda CBR 300 Forum

Honda CBR 300 Forum (https://www.cbr300forum.com/forum/honda-cbr-300.html)
-   Honda CBR300 Videos (https://www.cbr300forum.com/forum/honda-cbr300-videos/)
-   -   CBR300r (https://www.cbr300forum.com/forum/honda-cbr300-videos/26816-cbr300r.html)

Sam R. 07-06-2019 11:14 AM

CBR300r

Video showing current mods to my 2015 CBR300r. Garaged since buying it 11/2018, worked on it sporadically during decent temp days. Didn't get to ride it until this month. It's a blast to ride, everything I hoped for. Coming down after 20 years with a FJ1200s with 130hp at the crank I was leery about the fun factor, no problem. Will be even better when I stop dragging my feet on fairing removal & finally install the fuel controller, air injection cover and plug. The full Black Widow SS exhaust is a high quality piece at a good price, I opted for the 200cm can, 300cm & 400cm cans in various shaps materials are available The 200cm can is very loud even with its included removable defuser, but I wanted minimum restriction & weight with enough noise to keep inattentive drivers aware of me. K&N air filter, I modified the Targa fender eliminator assembly to further minimize it & added an LED taillight with integrated signals, offed the passenger grab handles & passenger pegs with their brackets, mounted a Targa muffler hanger. In future: substituting in hand bar end convex mirrors & not yet purchased Proton bright flush front signals & Fiam horn to replace the stock little party horn. When new battery needed: lowest weight lithium battery that can do the job.

This is working link to my video Kiwi helped me out with -- see his post below -- as U-Tube link I originally had here didn't work. Thanks yet again, Kiwi!

https://www.facebook.com/sam.rondone...type=3&theater

kiwi rider 07-06-2019 05:16 PM

It says 'video unavailable'.

Sam R. 07-06-2019 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwi rider (Post 331402)
It says 'video unavailable'.

Thanks for the heads up, Kiwi. Had my son link it, found I couldn't. It did at 1st play here. When he returns home I'll have him fix it. If you or any of the other forum members use Facebook who care to watch it there search my link facebook "Sam Rondone", I'd posted it there for anyone to watch. Also, of course, happy to have any forum member who finds at F'book that we have other common interests "friend" me.

Sam

kiwi rider 07-06-2019 06:29 PM

Sam R. 07-06-2019 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwi rider (Post 331408)

Thanks again, Kiwi, you're the man. Good straight link to the video on my Facebook site.

Zeke 07-06-2019 11:14 PM

The Oxford brand bar end mirrors on RevZilla are nice and convex, wide range of view and a good buy for the money [emoji106]

Sam R. 07-06-2019 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeke (Post 331418)
The Oxford brand bar end mirrors on RevZilla are nice and convex, wide range of view and a good buy for the money [emoji106]

Thanks, Zeke! Already have the mirrors bought off eBay. Good quality, only $14.

The_Bachelor 07-07-2019 09:25 AM

Ahhhh Sam.... If I could of chose a color for my bike, yours would have been it...... Itís got a John McGuinness look to it...... :D Love the modulating combination taillight.!!!

Sam R. 07-07-2019 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The_Bachelor (Post 331430)
Ahhhh Sam.... If I could of chose a color for my bike, yours would have been it...... Itís got a John McGuinness look to it...... :D Love the modulating combination taillight.!!!

Thanks, Bachelor! Over the years of riding progressively bigger, heavier more powerful bikes I'd forgotten how much fun an agile, light weight, quick bike can be. And the smaller investment, if so inclined, leaves room for the added fun of modifying it to taste for power, reduced weight & appearance.

The_Bachelor 07-07-2019 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam R. (Post 331432)
Thanks, Bachelor! Over the years of riding progressively bigger, heavier more powerful bikes I'd forgotten how much fun an agile, light weight, quick bike can be. And the smaller investment, if so inclined, leaves room for the added fun of modifying it to taste for power, reduced weight & appearance.

Yeah.... I think Iíve entered the Miata phase of my life :D . No complaints though. This bike takes my wife and I wherever we want to go...... and when sheís not on it still will get my heart going a little.