LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 02-09-2017, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hello From Vancouver

Hey guys,

Just getting into biking this upcoming summer so wanted to get in touch with like minded individuals.

Hope all is well!

Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 02-09-2017, 07:19 PM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1797 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum Eric, what sort of bike are you looking at getting or do you already have one?

2014 CBR300 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400
post #3 of 8 Old 02-10-2017, 12:21 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Welcome fellow Canuck! I am very jealous of your near year-round riding season. I live in Ottawa

post #4 of 8 Old 02-10-2017, 10:17 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Hi Eric. Must be a nice place to ride...
post #5 of 8 Old 02-10-2017, 11:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B. View Post
Hi Eric. Must be a nice place to ride...
Vancouver is a cold desolate wasteland right now although I guess it started to rain the last couple of days so it's clearing out some of the snow.

Eric, where did you get your bike? Private party or dealer?

READY TO >> RACE
post #6 of 8 Old 02-12-2017, 05:42 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thx

Quote:
Originally Posted by victor64 View Post
Welcome fellow Canuck! I am very jealous of your near year-round riding season. I live in Ottawa
Don't be jealous bud. Weather in Vancouver is totally screwed up. We're still getting snow. However, spring / Summer is an incredible time to ride
post #7 of 8 Old 02-12-2017, 05:44 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
@kiwi rider - Thx! @Tier1 Don't have a bike yet bud. However, I'll be getting one in a few months this year. Open to all suggestions
post #8 of 8 Old 02-16-2017, 10:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric LeClair View Post
... Don't have a bike yet bud. However, I'll be getting one in a few months this year. Open to all suggestions
Definitely hit up Honda Centre in Burnaby. Great guys and the parts/accessories staff is top notch (in fact Lori used to work at Carter and now works at Burnaby and it really is Carters loss).

I bought my 300 from Carter Honda off Granville Island and although it was a quick and easy painless process to buy the bike, it felt a bit too "corporate" and like a car dealership for my liking. If they were the only dealer around I'd have no problem going to them but knowing there's another shop that's slightly better in my eyes I go to that one.

If that's your thing then by all means thats great but I've found that I like Honda Centre just a bit more and enough that I'd rather take my bike that way than go to Carter (it's literally 3 times the distance from my house to Honda Centre than it is from my house to Carter but I like the staff at Honda Centre that much more).

Honda Centre had a few 300's on clearance/discount last time I was there and one done up 2015 CBR300R that used to be a show bike (I think it's since sold). BTW if you go to Honda Centre and are upstairs looking at parts/accessories/gear say hi and tell Ben that Jeremy (the guy with the sport bike who tries to pretend to be a SuMo Rider) sent you

To be honest if I could do it again, I'd probably get myself a WR450R and try to plate it, a Duke 390 (and hate myself for having to go all the way to Langley to get it services), or a G310GS (but it wasn't released at the time only the G310R), but the 300R was the right price at the right time and I jumped on it (though I wish that I got the naked 300F instead of the 300R).

Honestly, the next bike I'm looking at is the G310GS (hopefully they come out with a mid generation refresh and include a special Dakar edition as a throwback not crossing my fingers though).
Save

READY TO >> RACE

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page