Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

Honda Unvails New 2018 CB300R & CB1000R

16K views 79 replies 25 participants last post by  DMG0405 
#1 · (Edited)
NeoSportCafeClub.com - The Largest Honda CB1000R, CB300R, CB125R Forum, Community And Owner's Club

HONDA just released the 2018 CB300R that resembles the Neo Sport Cafe concept which turned out to be the 2018 CB1000R.

Performance numbers are on par with current 300F. 31hp/143kg kerb weight. Has a new frame now, new swingarm, 150 section rear tyre, upside down forks.

The absence of the 18 CBR300R is possibly hinting at something in the works.

See full specs here:
http://www.visordown.com/motorcycle-news-new-bikes/honda-cb300r-debuts

Attachments

See less See more
#77 ·
I really like the Cager review too.

An issue I had with the Revzilla review is the 80mph comment, ok I've got a CBR300R but I've traveled much faster then that (even if it was just tacho indicated and not gps measured) without issue or complaints from the bike. Anyone know if the gearing has been changed on the new CB300R?

#78 ·
I have a CBR 300 R also. Two things I have done this Summer that made a big difference to my bike... 1 Synth Oil change and 2 installed a Chnese Slip-On exhaust. My bike's mechanical engine noise has greatly sub-sided ..and no not because of the slip-on. the engines just sounds smoother/quieter. I have noticed that with the slip-on the engine has not lost any bottom end torque..nor does it backfire. Now the engine rev's quicker with out the Convertor and I too have an issue with Revzilla's comments on the 286cc single. To me it's a Gem of an engine and this bike gives me a big grin everytime i ride it.

Reactions: shisoshin
#79 ·
I've watched a couple of reviews of this bike now. Seems it has a really good frame and suspension set up, particularly the front end. Every body enjoys a bike that feels 'planted' on the road and it fosters confidence.
I hope they retain this feeling in the successor to the CBR300 when that comes out.

I think the CB300R looks best in the silver like the one Cager was riding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.