Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

New Honda CBR250RR

73K views 471 replies 50 participants last post by  bheezy27403 
#1 ·
See less See more
#415 ·
What do you think of this Redbull WSBK Fireblade livery+ single sided swingarm(sourced from ducati monster 1100), wider rims and fat tyre mods?
Very tasty. Have to appreciate the amount of engineering that has gone into that bike even if you dont like the final look. I think it all blends together really well though.

#417 ·
Nice, apart from the slightly ridiculous rear tyre.

#418 · (Edited)
Here's a Cal Crutchlow LCR Honda inspired one.
Mods are as follows:
Concept, Honda LCR,
1.Upside Down Fork: SSF-BP from CBR1000RR
2.Steering Damper: Ohlins Mechatronic
3.Caliper: Brembo MonoBlock
4.SwingArm: CBR 1000RR
5.Wheels: Enkei Front:3.5" -Rear:6.0"
6.OilCooler: Ducati SF
7.Tyres: Michelin Road3 - F. 120/70 - R.190 / 50
8.Exhaust: Akrapovic

https://www.iwanbanaran.com/2017/10...r-lcr-honda-motogp-swing-arm-cbr1000rr-galak/

#421 ·
Yeah, black market would be my guess. All those stolen liter bikes (most of which are parted out) have to end up somewhere.

Reactions: CDNHONDAR
#423 · (Edited)
When Astra Honda clinched the AP250 class title with Gerry Salim aboard their pet project the CBR250RR last Sunday at Buriram Thailand, senior Honda rep Mr.Kenji Kawai has expressed his intention of keeping the CBR250RR as the most powerful 250cc in class. Also present were team members from Japan which consisted of engine Engineer, Chassis Enginer of Honda Motor Saitama Plant (RnD).

As a result he has stated that Honda is already working to create an even more powerful 250RR. One way he says they will accomplish this feat is by moving the rev limit even higher than 14k. :eek:

The Ninja 250Fi currently makes 1 more ps than the 250RR and Honda seemed to be prepared to tackle them even before the launch.

#424 ·
....he has stated that Honda is already working to create an even more powerful 250RR. One way he says they will accomplish this feat is by moving the rev limit even higher than 14k. :eek:
Sounds good. When he's finished that he should get the boring bar out and whip up a hot 350cc motor for us and get them to release it world wide.
Dreams....

#430 ·
bear in mind honda is and has made a statement
in the 250 class, ie, the racing related segment..

just as cbr250r in line four, 45hp @ 14500rpm
143kg, liquid cooled, triple discs [in 1990-91]..

these singles are based on entirely different
design priorities and intentions..
still, we live in hope...

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Honda/honda_cbr250rr 90.htm

#433 ·
So Astra Honda also wrapped up their IRS (Indospeed Race Series) national class 250cc title with ARRC's other AHM rider Rheza Danica. Two titles in two different race series on the new 250RR.

Also related: Watch a fully tuned 250RR IRS bike hit a speedo indicated 199kph on the straights. In the corners it is said that the 250RR has about 5-10kph more cornering speed than the other 250s(Ninja/R25).

Attachments

#434 · (Edited)
Also related: Watch a fully tuned 250RR IRS bike hit a speedo indicated 199kph on the straights. In the corners it is said that the 250RR has about 5-10kph more cornering speed than the other 250s(Ninja/R25).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z13cPq5IKDg
So a lot of people debated if the bike hit 200kph or did it stop at 199 and so the rider decided to show them the V-box data.
Needless to say a lot of them were gobsmacked.

Yep, a fully tuned 250RR doing 217.4kph(GPS) on the straights of Sentul International circuit with the standard ECU limited to 14.5k rpm.

Attachments

#436 ·
Instead of Honda coming up with a CBR 400 R (Which you never know they may do) they may stay with a updated CBR 500 R by removing excess weight and designing a new 500 cc engine with a wider power band..and a higher red Line and boosting the H.P. output

#442 ·
If you're in Australia you're in luck.. well atleast in terms of being able to see the race spec 250RR up close in action next year. Asia Road Racing Championship has included an Australian round next year which is scheduled between April 19th to 22nd at The Bend Motorsport Park, Adelaide Australia.

#446 ·
Scorpion Exhaust on the CBR250RR

Both these Scorpion exhausts sound good on the 250RR IMO. Interesting that Scorpion who are based in the UK have designed and manufactured an exhaust for this bike that is only available in some Asian countries.
Man that thing revs! :eek:

#448 ·
Both these Scorpion exhausts sound good on the 250RR IMO. Interesting that Scorpion who are based in the UK have designed and manufactured an exhaust for this bike that is only available in some Asian countries.
Man that thing revs! :eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDOrOAsb5QU
:eek::eek::eek::eek: Holy smokes that sounds really good. I can see a Scorpion exhaust on a certain Ninja 400 I read about...:devil: Ever seen a comparison test of 250 RR VS 400 Ninja? Apples to Oranges I realize...

#447 ·
I'd wager though that Scorpion is likely having that 250RR exhaust manufactured in Asia, with the added benefit of being close to that bikes market.

Reactions: kiwi rider
#453 ·
Honda now sells the bike in Thailand.
One might note that the bike is also manufactured in Japan. You would think it would be easier for Thailand to import it from Indonesia being neighbors and all but something with the trade deals between the two nations led to Honda Thailand importing it from Japan now.

#456 ·
Honda now sells the bike in Thailand.
One might note that the bike is also manufactured in Japan. You would think it would be easier for Thailand to import it from Indonesia being neighbors and all but something with the trade deals between the two nations led to Honda Thailand importing it from Japan now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLd9JjNRHZI
Wow!

What a great commercial, really makes me want to buy one especially when you see the rider lean over so deep in the turn!

I dont think I have leaned over even half that deep on mine!

Can you imagine actually hanging your as.s over the side of the bike in a turn? That seems to me to be very advanced riding skills. I have never even visited the track in my entire life

#457 · (Edited)
cobra - check out motogp, moto2, moto 3 for excellent video incl amazing slo-mo of racers cornering incl marquez, stoner and co touching elbows to track.. also shots of heavy high speed braking, on front wheel only,.. not recommended for typical riders on typical road bikes on the roads,,
but very interesting and potentially instructive..

#459 ·
cobra - . also shots of heavy high speed braking, on front wheel only,.. not recommended for typical riders on typical road bikes on the roads,,
but very interesting and potentially instructive..

For full emergency braking it is Front only with clutch pulled in. Done correctly and not snatched this method causes the forks to fully compress before the tyre takes the weight and does not cause a front wheel skid, even on wet roads. I was taught to do it on the Deauville and it is surprising how quickly you can stop. The rear brake is of no use as all the weight has gone onto the front and using rear brake will cause the rear wheel to lock up and lose control of the back end.

#458 ·
Yeah... That looks amazing as a "super high performance" sub-300cc, but I'm not surprised that it's a toy for people with too much money. Tends to be what happens with machinery that's too hot right from the factory, in my opinion. I'd always rather take the more pedestrian version and make it better/unique going the aftermarket route. Probably because I don't have lots of $$$ ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.