Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

New Honda CBR250RR

73K views 471 replies 50 participants last post by  bheezy27403 
#1 ·
See less See more
#78 ·
LOL, That's funny ! The OTD price for Honda ( Ride away here )
Has dropped ?
CBR300r from $5990 to $4990
CBR300r Abs from $6590 to $ 5390
CB300f ABS only sold in Australia remains the same at
about $6500.

This is what I was quoted about 3 months ago !

Maybe the dealerships know already when the CBR3??RR
will arrive in Australia ? And have been told to sell existing
stock !..... Clutching at straws here !!! Hope is better than
shock therapy or being served up like a frozen TV dinner :D

#81 ·
... and anticipation.

Reactions: HWY MAN
#84 ·
Yeah that's an option, my brothers into cruisers
and he's got a shadow 750 lying around that's not
doing much that I can ride anytime when my hand
mends. He's into riding lounge chairs apparently !

I'll just wait and follow the progress of the Honda
CBR3??RR and may be take up Tai Chi along the
way ! Beats the **** out of self administered shock
therapy ! So it's all good really ! :)

The bike gods are smiling upon the small bike
market after a long drought and all is well ! :)

#85 ·
I'll just wait and follow the progress of the Honda
CBR3??RR and may be take up Tai Chi along the
way ! Beats the **** out of self administered shock
therapy ! So it's all good really ! ...................as per Hwy Man

Now you say this.....after I Custom ordered you a new sign..... (sigh!) :)

#92 ·
I agree with you HWY I would prefer the lighter bike too. But the CBR 500 R is designed for torque and not Horse Power and for a all round STREET bike it may be better being not so radical as the new CBR (350?) R.

Honda also has other bikes competing with each other of the same or close to the same displacement...
1- Honda Stateline and Fury (these are 1300 cc)
2- Honda Shadow Phantom and Aero...CTX 700N....NM4 (These are 750 to 700cc)

All competing for the Customer's $$$ let us not forget the CB300 and CBR 300 R...competing for the "starter bike" market.

It is not like when i was much younger.If you wanted a mid size bike there was only ONE bike (CB 550) and you made it what YOU wanted... Cafe or Tour er or Standard. You could add lots of aftermarket goodies and make it your own.
IMHO the bikes today are much to specialized but Customer and Market demands have done this.

#91 ·
To get 45HP out of the new engine comfortably and reliably then it would need to be around 350cc. A 250cc twin producing those sorts of figures is going to be fairly highly strung and a potential time bomb reliability wise.

#94 ·
I'm going to keep calling it the CBR???RR at this stage. But regardless of its actual capacity I am pleased to see that Honda recognise not all folk buying these small capacity bikes are commuters looking for a practical (read boring) bike with a nice comfy upright riding position and a priority on MPG's over performance.
As a sports rider I'm excited by the "aggressive and urgent design concept" :laugh:

I just hope that aggression isn't lost in the transition from conceptual prototype to production model.

#95 · (Edited)
Where is the volume market for a 'high performance' under-400cc bike? There used to be a market, when insurance costs or license rules imposed engine size limits, but here in Oz at least, learner bikes are defined by power-to-weight ratios, more or less. So, unless the licensing laws prevent you from buying a 600 (or larger) with decent power, why would you buy an expensive small bike?

There is a market for a proper fast 300-400cc bike, but it's only a niche market and currently the KTM plays there all by itself. A small market like that would not be attractive to Honda.

I think a clearer picture of what will actually appear would come from setting a price point and then guessing what Honda could put on the road for that price. Chances are, IMO, that the new bike will be designed to compete against the Ninja, on both spec and price.

OTOH, maybe there are still enough countries around where learners are bound by engine size constraints only and so a high performance small bike would still make sense, even if it was more expensive than the Ninja?

#96 ·
Honda might be changing their tune a bit. They are so conservative it seems when they release new bikes that a lot of times you will see reviewers saying that Honda is as reliable as they come, but their bikes are boring compared to the competition.

I have been saying for a while that it would be nice to see them put out something that will beat the R3 and KTM 390 in performance. Potential buyers are going to start to take notice, and Honda will lose ground to Yamaha, Kawasaki and KTM.

#97 ·
George.. Yes Honda is very conservative when it comes to releasing new product. Honda will loose ground to Yamaha, Kawasaki and KTM as you stated above. But it turns out Honda HAS lost ground to the other motorcycle manufactures. That is why there are so many unsold CBR 300 R and CB 300 F models in showrooms at this moment. Even with major incentives lots of these models are still sitting unfortunately because what little I have rode one (Twice) they are quite a good little machine. One of the problems is re-sale value later on,,,now a CBR 250 is worth very little in the open Market because the 300's are discounted so much. When the new CBR 3?? RR is released our little "Baby Blade" will become a dull Dinner knife and worth bugger all later.

Reactions: kiwi rider
#100 ·
This a more production ready level render. Probably replaced carbon fibre bits with the usual faux carbon fibre plastics. No CBR300R ugly tube exhaust, same mirrors. Side fairings look a bit meh compared to the concept. Flat main seat and passenger seat? I wonder if the handle bar height changed in any way.
Not official images I think but looks pretty legit as to what the final version might be.

#101 ·
And wheres the high rise Akrapovic exhaust gone?? ;)
From that angle it doesn't look a million miles different to the current shape.
My biggest concern is it being quoted as 250cc again. All will be reveled in the fullness of time.

#102 ·
honda presents bikes such as for european junior cup
with akra, race fairing and so on..
what you get in a basic honda is just that,
without forcing buyers to pay for expensive
components, rather things that will do the job
for many, at the right price..

then, its over to the owner as to spending more
on tyres, suspension, exhausts and so on..
[not to mention california etc]

#114 ·
#115 ·
#119 ·
Copied from the Urban Dictionary:

'farkle
accessory.

The word is generally accepted to mean a combination of "function" and "sparkle", hence, farkle.

Motorcycle enthusiasts may install accessories, called farkles (also spelled farkel), to customize their machine.'

A good example of an Asian riders farkle would be an anodized oil filler cap or steering stem nut.
Less of the function and more about the sparkle! :laugh:

#122 ·
Anyone see or hear any new information on this proposed lightweight super sport from Honda?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.