3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 04-14-2019, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Review: Amazon LED tail light $16 for 2

Here is a photo of the stock bulb (lamp) next to replacement tail lamp (tail bulb)

Install took less than 3 minutes and required no tools, did it with my bare hand. A member of our forum made a YouTube video that has tutorial. Just make sure not to touch the glass of bulb/lamp with your human fingers (Use a piece of plastic bag as a buffer or some gloves)

I will update this thread later with a picture or video of the performance but I am looking at it in the daytime and the improvement is significant compared to the stock one

This comes in a package of quantity 2. I will certainly update this thread if the bulb burns out or if any trouble in the future.

Choose Red 3014 39SMD

See also my review of the cheapo LED head lamp that I purchased a few weeks ago here:

https://www.cbr300forum.com/forum/ap...tml#post328356

That one also has worked fantastic up to now. I feel no need to spend the extra money on Phillips brand when these Chinese generics do just as good for a fraction of the price.

Most members dont even keep the bike over 2 years so the bulb will outlive your time with the motorcycle in most cases.
airhead83 likes this.

2016 CB300F - 5200 miles - 100% stock config
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 04-15-2019, 08:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by King CobRa View Post
Here is a photo of the stock bulb (lamp) next to replacement tail lamp (tail bulb)

Install took less than 3 minutes and required no tools, did it with my bare hand. A member of our forum made a YouTube video that has tutorial. Just make sure not to touch the glass of bulb/lamp with your human fingers (Use a piece of plastic bag as a buffer or some gloves)

I will update this thread later with a picture or video of the performance but I am looking at it in the daytime and the improvement is significant compared to the stock one

This comes in a package of quantity 2. I will certainly update this thread if the bulb burns out or if any trouble in the future.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N6753Q6

Choose Red 3014 39SMD

See also my review of the cheapo LED head lamp that I purchased a few weeks ago here:

https://www.cbr300forum.com/forum/ap...tml#post328356

That one also has worked fantastic up to now. I feel no need to spend the extra money on Phillips brand when these Chinese generics do just as good for a fraction of the price.

Most members dont even keep the bike over 2 years so the bulb will outlive your time with the motorcycle in most cases.
This seems a fairly easy and inexpensive mod for better lighting. Well done. Can you see any significant difference in the brightness for the Brake also??

To ride or not to ride? What a stupid question.
post #3 of 12 Old 04-16-2019, 11:41 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Here it is in daytime:

And now with the brake pressed in

I wish I had taken some before pictures but this should give everyone an idea. Its def an improvement especially at night-time.

I also made the discovery (Just now) that the tail-light does not light up when i press the rear-brake pedal. It only lights up when I press the front brake. So for months now I had been "tapping" the rear brake and thinking it would alert the car-drivers behind me but I have been wasting my time.

post #4 of 12 Old 04-16-2019, 05:48 PM

Doesn't the rear brake have a sensor also? It should work the brake light independent of the front lever,?

Last edited by airhead83; 04-16-2019 at 10:02 PM. Reason: Cant speal
post #5 of 12 Old 04-16-2019, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I will wait for somebody else to test it out and chime in. But on my particular bike CB300F only the front brake triggers the tail-light to go BRIGHT

post #6 of 12 Old 04-17-2019, 01:09 AM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Garage
Review: Amazon LED tail light $16 for 2

I can check tomorrow, but that sounds.... Wrong.

Re: bulb, looks good! Brighter is better. I'm thinking mostly for daylight/dusk when I ride (versus night=rarely).

2015 CB300F
purchased 2,390 mi // currently 6,600+ mi

Last edited by Zeke; 04-17-2019 at 01:13 AM.
post #7 of 12 Old 04-17-2019, 05:52 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
The rear brake has an adjustment for the tail-light. I had to adjust mine when I first got it because it only lighted up when the brake pedal was pushed to the extreme.
I found the instructions in the manual. Tonight after work I'll see if i can copy the page for you and post it.
Basically it's a a threaded adjustment to the very rear of the pedal.
post #8 of 12 Old 04-17-2019, 06:52 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabriel engel View Post
The rear brake has an adjustment for the tail-light. I had to adjust mine when I first got it because it only lighted up when the brake pedal was pushed to the extreme.
I found the instructions in the manual. Tonight after work I'll see if i can copy the page for you and post it.
Basically it's a a threaded adjustment to the very rear of the pedal.
Wow! Thank you so much for advising this. I had no idea that such a thing existed. But yeah I tried fully pressing in the rear brake with my foot and it doesnt trigger the tail light at all on my current setup.

post #9 of 12 Old 04-17-2019, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King CobRa View Post
Wow! Thank you so much for advising this. I had no idea that such a thing existed. But yeah I tried fully pressing in the rear brake with my foot and it doesnt trigger the tail light at all on my current setup.
Warning! If you fix this problem, you'll loose your opportunity for throwing the middle finger at folks riding up your bung.

Last edited by airhead83; 04-17-2019 at 07:59 AM.
post #10 of 12 Old 04-17-2019, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
LoL @ airhead83!

I found the section of Owners manual here:

So I am going to go give it a shot and will report back. I tiwisted it over 10 full revolutions and it did not make a difference. I pressed the rear pedal down FULL STRENGTH and it lit up for maybe a split second. Not sure whats wrong with my bike, I will have to take it to mechanic.

Update: I found a youtube video that helped me, You have to pull up and take it out of the retaining bracket and then hold the boot with one hand (to prevent it from turning) while simultaneously turning the adjustment nut clockwise.

It is working fine now, thanks. The instructions in the manual where not quite clear enough for me to understand at first.
airhead83 likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page