Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

Rear sprocket nut and bolt replacements

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  azcb300f 
#1 ·
Went to remove the rear sprocket on my 2015 CB300F and stripped out the Allen head and even misshaped the nuts trying to get them off of the backside with a combination wrench. In the end I used an angle grinder to grind the heads off so I could remove the sprocket. After I got it off I noticed the u locking nuts. Anyone have a recommendation for replacements? I'm not sure I want to use the u locking nuts again since they seem pretty hard to get off. If anyone has replaced theirs with something from a local hardware store I would appreciate the sizing and grade information for the bolts and nuts. I understand the point of the u nut but feel that a nylon lock nut with some blue Loctite should be sufficient and allow easier future removal. Also I feel like I should mention that im not too mechanically inclined and didn't know I could move the hub to more easily access the lock nuts. So please take it easy on me haha. Thanks in advance for the bolt and nut sizing info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.