LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 10-18-2019, 12:18 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Fall/winter gloves

Does anyone have gloves they recommend for temps under 55*? I have a summer pair now so they wind they allow in is crazy for this time of year. I doubt I'll buy anything now since I plan on storing my bike in the next couple weeks, but I still would like to be ready for the spring since midwest weather is so unpredictable. Need something waterproof as well

2018 CB300F
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 Old 10-18-2019, 06:31 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
I don't ride in winter, but am interested to find reasonably priced winter gloves that keep fingertips from freezing as I'm out several times a day for extended periods playing with my dog. Anyone here who does ride in winter weather that has found inexpensive gloves that solve the frozen fingertips problem?
post #3 of 25 Old 10-18-2019, 07:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to bheezy27403
From my experience, fingertips are going to get cold. I run heated glove liners for any major trips in the winter. They work but are a pain if you don't have a vest to hook them into. I run my wires inside my winter jacket and it's a bit of a mess, but if doing a 2-3 hr ride the trouble is worth it. I will prolly get a jacket liner this year so the gloves will plug into those with a lot less hassle.

I do have a pair of Klim Inversion wind cutter gloves (no protection) and they are good down to 45ish. Amazing as they are so thin. Klim has winter, waterproof, gloves with protection that I'm sure would be great but $$$.

post #4 of 25 Old 10-18-2019, 09:06 PM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1788 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bheezy27403 View Post
From my experience, fingertips are going to get cold. I run heated glove liners for any major trips in the winter. They work but are a pain if you don't have a vest to hook them into. I run my wires inside my winter jacket and it's a bit of a mess, but if doing a 2-3 hr ride the trouble is worth it. I will prolly get a jacket liner this year so the gloves will plug into those with a lot less hassle.

I do have a pair of Klim Inversion wind cutter gloves (no protection) and they are good down to 45ish. Amazing as they are so thin. Klim has winter, waterproof, gloves with protection that I'm sure would be great but $$$.
Wireless battery powered gloves are the go now, gets round that problem.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

2014 CBR300 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400
post #5 of 25 Old 10-18-2019, 09:17 PM

Most of the reviews I have read on the batt gloves are not good. If I'm bothering wearing heated gloves it is because I'm heading out camping in the mountains or similar. About a 3 hr trip. I'm not convinced they would hold a charge that long.
post #6 of 25 Old 10-18-2019, 11:32 PM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage
Personally I dont ride if it drops below 55 F. I ride to have fun and its no fun when its blistering cold like that, feels like torture.

Here in Miami it lasts for 2 weeks out of the year when it gets that cold.

When it comes to heat I can tolerate any temperature with full ATGATT however, even 110 F

But cold is a no-no
Gromit likes this.

2016 CB300F - 8000 miles - 100% stock config
post #7 of 25 Old 10-19-2019, 08:08 AM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Garage
If it is cold but rideable I have lobster gloves, These are two finger gloves so fingers are together for extra warmth, I also have silk gloves inside which make a big difference. (These are from my RAF helicopter days). Heated grips make the whole ride much more comfortable. If it gets too cold for this lot I don't ride.
airhead83 likes this.

Don't worry about old age - it doesn't last that long.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2016 CBR300RA

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 25 Old 10-19-2019, 11:38 AM

I have gear to ride pretty darn cold but if it's below 40 that's where I draw the line. There's a guy on the CB1100 forum who (joy)rides all year. He lives in OH. He posted a pic last year in front of a bank temp sign that read 23 I think. Nope.
post #9 of 25 Old 10-19-2019, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Garage
I picked up Fly Aurora gloves (https://www.revzilla.com/snow/fly-aurora-gloves) to try to extend the season a bit, either earlier this spring or last fall, and they are decently insulated but the fingers still got cold at higher speeds in colder temps. I believe they might be improved somewhat with an additional layer underneath (per Gromit's suggestion. Silk you say?). They are not too too bulky but do feel more like winter gloves, less like motorcycle gloves.

2015 CB300F
purchased 2,390 mi // currently 9.7k+ mi
post #10 of 25 Old 10-19-2019, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Garage
Silk is a great insulator. Make sure they are genuine silk, not an artificial fabric. Silk still works when it is wet.

Don't worry about old age - it doesn't last that long.

2016 CBR300RA

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page