Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

Where’s Brad???

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  airhead83 
#1 ·
I haven’t been much of a contributor lately, but I am coming off of total knee replacement surgery. Soooo.... what have I done to my bike today???

I SAT ON IT!!! :D With both feet on the pegs!!!

Whoopie you say?

Everyday since I could start walking again, I would do my physical therapy, then walk out to the garage, swing my leg over the bike, put my bad leg on the peg, and try to sit. Last week, my butt finally touched vinyl. This week, I can sit and put both feet on the pegs. No rear braking yet.... but I have hope.

Three weeks from tomorrow, my wife and I are taking the motor home to Texas with bikes in tow. My goal is to be ready to ride in three weeks...... it’s starting to look like a reality.

#2 ·
Bachelor, good to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your knee surgery, but it sounds like things are on the mend. Small steps are encouraging. As for why you've not been present on the Forum?? Did that knee surgery somehow disable your thought process?.. maybe incapacitate your hands and fingers?.. or more likely than not.. just give you an excuse to be anti-social??? I bet your dear spouse could answer the last question. God give her strength during your, no doubt, need-filled and "whoaa is me" days of recovery. ;) All joking aside, and please take it as such.. Welcome back and heal soon. :)

#3 ·
You caught me AH..... :D .... I’ll blame the narcotics ...... My wife is an expert eye roller..... it helps her get through these “woe is me” days

#4 ·
Thats ironic because I too have also been injured after falling off of a skateboard going down a big hill (a very foolish stunt) and injured my arm, my hand broke a rib or 2. So I was unable to ride for a whole month. But now I just got back to riding in the last 3 days.

The moto started right up even after over 30 days of laying dormant. It will be great Brad when you can get back to riding. You will truly appreciate it after getting back on after over a 1 long absence. We really appreciate things MORE when we are deprived of them.

#6 ·
KingC... Geez, and I thought motorcycles had the potential to be dangerous... Who knew?? Time to set aside that super-charged skateboard, stow your Superman Cape for another day's adventures.. And give those ribs a bit longer to heal. Glad you're doing well.. Welcome back.:angel:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.