Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

Don't Forget the Love

2K views 14 replies 7 participants last post by  Zeke 
#1 ·
Winter's here for lots of us. A few reminders before we go into hibernation and pack on those extra pounds of unwanted body weight (hm hm, Bachelor, you've sucked all the red off that "surgery candy" weeks ago, so no excuses).. Plug up those battery tenders.. pour a few ounces of fuel stabilizer into the tank.. check the tire pressures and fluid levels.. if you have a protective cover, now's the time to put it on, those little mice looking for a place to sleep need a warm bed, you know.. think of spring and warmer weather.. When the first warm day comes along, you'll be able to ride for a few hours, instead of trying to figure out why your precious bike doesn't want to start. Enjoy the cold if you can, tolerate it if you must. :)

#3 ·
Hey AH..... winter is over baby!!!!! We are leaving next week for the beach with the bikes in tow. If my knee will bend enough I’ll be on it. I’ll be feathering that front brake though. Not sure if I can push the rear brake just yet..... 🙂

#5 ·
I see you over there.. in the civilized part of the state. It's marginally cooler on my side, but so much rain lately. Looks promising this Sunday, though. Enjoy those few windows of warm sunshine. :)

#6 ·
Civilized may be pushing it. More populated and flat? Definitely. I have my CB1100 set up with hand deflectors during the winter months so it is usually the steed of choice when I get chance to ride. I just keep all the bikes on batt tenders so they are ready to go. I recently purchased a 1 piece suit (Joe Rocket Survival suit) that is a great piece of kit. Where I used to ride down to 40 degrees now that has dropped to 30. But the beauty of this state is the fact that there will be a few 70 degree days sprinkled in through winter and several 50 degrees. I hate it for the people that can't ride year round.

#11 ·
Just put the battery in the bike and got it out from beside the building (I live in a big brownstone, and park on the north side, so there's always ice and snow there well into riding season).

Suzuka started right up, and I rode over to the nearest free air place to top off the tires. Everything went smoothly but ****, 38* F is not cutting it! I came back an ice cube.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.