8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 14 Old 06-16-2019, 03:48 AM

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1762 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke View Post
Yep. I would have jumped at the opportunity, motorboy, if I was better prepared for disassembling the front end. It's terribly, comically soft, but I don't have the space / equipment to be doing it at this time.
It's actually a really quick and easy job to do as long as you have a front stand that lifts from under the steering stem or you have a roof rafter or such like in your garage that you can take the weight off the forks with a rope around the top yoke. Then you simply remove the fork caps, take out the spacer, swap the springs and then re-fit the spacer and cap. The only thing you may need to alter is the spacer length if the springs aren't exactly the same length.

2014 CBR300 (sold)
2018 Ninja 400
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 Old 06-16-2019, 10:32 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Garage
I'm 165lbs and according to Racetech they recommend using 0.75kg/mm springs. At 190 they're recommending 0.80kg/mm springs.

I'm not one of those guys that says harder springs are always better since I know there's more to suspension than the spring rate (sag, bump compliance, rebound rate etc.) but the 0.75's that I ordered are actually good springs and about right for me. How are you finding them too stiff?
kiwi rider likes this.

READY TO >> RACE
post #13 of 14 Old 06-17-2019, 10:58 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi rider View Post
It's actually a really quick and easy job to do as long as you have a front stand that lifts from under the steering stem or you have a roof rafter or such like in your garage that you can take the weight off the forks with a rope around the top yoke.
Neither I'd have to get real inventive with a light pole in the back alley or some such.
kiwi rider likes this.

2015 CB300F
purchased 2,390 mi // currently 9.1k+ mi

post #14 of 14 Old 06-17-2019, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tier1 View Post
I'm 165lbs and according to Racetech they recommend using 0.75kg/mm springs. At 190 they're recommending 0.80kg/mm springs.

I'm not one of those guys that says harder springs are always better since I know there's more to suspension than the spring rate (sag, bump compliance, rebound rate etc.) but the 0.75's that I ordered are actually good springs and about right for me. How are you finding them too stiff?
Small bumps forks don't move much if at all-large bumps are OK- one thing I do hate is a bike that dives heavy when you nail the brakes the .75 springs fixed that--or it might be that I just get bored easy and like to try different things- example I have a after market pipe that I change out all the time know which wrenches to grab two min's off two min's on-I think that's it

It's not a big motorcycle just groovy little motor bike

Last edited by motorboy; 06-17-2019 at 12:52 PM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page