Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I put my PA Antique titled1982 XL185s up for trade on Craigslist. If anybody knows someone in the area that is into vintage Dual Sport motorcycles please shoot them my ad.

It is fast for 185cc with the optional Supertrapp and bigger jets but it is not for sale only for trade for another titled bike or a 2 stroke (125cc absolute smallest) MX with proof of current ownership.
Craigslist Ad: 1982 Honda XL185s for trade only

Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I am making a trade my 1982 XL185s for a 1963 Honda C100 Super Cub on Saturday. She needs some TLC but she is a runner. I am doing an even trade and comes with some new parts and the shop manual. The Super Cub isn't for me to ride just to restore and look at for a while. I had so more valuable offers but I didn't want the car, trucks, guns and other bikes that were offered.

·
Premium Member
5,422 Posts
I put my PA Antique titled1982 XL185s up for trade on Craigslist. If anybody knows someone in the area that is into vintage Dual Sport motorcycles please shoot them my ad.

It is fast for 185cc with the optional Supertrapp and bigger jets but it is not for sale only for trade for another titled bike or a 2 stroke (125cc absolute smallest) MX with proof of current ownership.
Craigslist Ad: 1982 Honda XL185s for trade only

Thanks
I'm getting all misty eyed here! We had one of these in my family when i was a teenager, technically dad paid for it so i don't class it as one ive owned, but ride it I sure did! At the time it was the biggest bike I'd ridden and I was in awe of its grunt.
Bullet proof motor, easy to work on and great wheel stand bike :D

Yours is in way better condition tho, what a little classic. Hope it goes to an appreciative home.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a great bike and fast for a 185cc but the brakes are too small for me being 200lbs.

You would not believe how many people offered me cash even though I had stated trade only. Most of them had one or a friend had one when they were younger.

I made sure it was going to a decent home. Trading for another bike kind of ensures it goes to someone who love motorcycles.
The guy is trading the super cub for my XL for his wife. His wife doesn't like the heel tow shift on the cub. If you look at the super cub pictures you can see some vintage dirt bikes in the background and knobby tires laying about. The XL will be more at home than my garage with only street bikes

my garage

1 - 5 of 5 Posts