Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the CBR300 is a bit more powerful than the CBR250, the CBR650F is a bit more powerful than the CBR600F. The CBR650F gets a redesigned fairing and a stroked out engine.

The new 649cc engine delivers 86hp and 46 lb-ft of torque, which makes it neither a beast, nor a slacker.The bike makes a great commuter for younger folks with its 60 mpg fuel economy.

No word yet on price, but with the reasonably priced Yamaha MT-07 shipping soon, we can expect Honda to keep the price competitive.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Sweet looking motorcycle though. I wonder what is really different with the RR models

Honda names their bikes strangely

You would think the CB750 is an upgraded CB600 but its a different all togeter.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I find all these number letter combinations to be confusing in indicating which bikes are which. A more clear naming scheme would be great, but i doubt that is going to happen. The CBR650F looks to be a great bike though. I will consider it depending on what the price point is. Anyone have an idea of what ballpark the price will be in?

·
Registered
532 Posts
well RR is easy, its like extra race version ;) sportier, but I've never understood what F vs R means and why only certain CBRs have F and RR derivatives....

·
Registered
162 Posts
Only thing I can find on CBR650F pricing so far is this from Asphalt and Rubber:

We expect the 2014 Honda CBR650F to be aggressive pricing though, which means that the Honda CBR650F is cheap and well put-together machine that looks great — new riders should be intrigued.
So I'm not exactly sure what that means for pricing, but if they say cheap, that is a good thing!

·
Registered
707 Posts
its a sport looking motorcycle. as sport as the Rs

the pricing will show us how its marketed compared to the RRs
Going off of how pricing has changed from the CBR250 to the speculated CBR300 pricing, this bike could be about $1000 more than it's predecessor.

·
Registered
707 Posts
everything is getting an underbody now eh... First it was under tails, now underbody. Ducati does and the industry follows ;)
got to thank Ducati for giving brands like Honda the kick in the arse they need to get up to speed with the developing motorcycle world.

·
Registered
528 Posts
undertail exhausts aren't always easy to achieve.

plus the heat the bring to the backseat can be intense.

it does look cleaner but it limits how the piping can run sometimes.

plus undertails take away quite a bit of room in the storage part

·
Registered
707 Posts
undertail exhausts aren't always easy to achieve.

plus the heat the bring to the backseat can be intense.

it does look cleaner but it limits how the piping can run sometimes.

plus undertails take away quite a bit of room in the storage part
that and even your lean, i've seen video's of the underbody (cowl?) under the exhaust come close scraping, it wasn't even like they went on a hardcore lean too.

·
Registered
528 Posts
side exits may have issues with lean only under extreme lean angles.

the weight balance is another reason why Honda went with the undertail on the CBRRRs

1 - 16 of 16 Posts