Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

2014 Yamaha YZF-R125

7K views 21 replies 5 participants last post by  Ortega 
#1 · (Edited)
Details here: 2014 Yamaha YZF-R125 Debuts for Europe

From the Asphalt & Rubber article...

"Yamaha chose this year’s MCN London Motorcycle Show to announce the release of an updated version of the Yamaha YZF-R125 sports bike, which is scheduled to hit dealers in the Europe this April.
For 2014 the performance numbers remain largely unchanged from the 2013 model, still claiming 14.75 hp at 9,000 rpm, and just over 9 lbs•ft of torque at 8,000 rpm.

As a small displacement sports bike targeted for young riders and learners, Yamaha decided to upgrade stability and stopping power by coupling an upside-down front fork, a new radial front brake caliper design that clamps down on a 292 mm floating disc, along with a redesigned rear suspension linkage.
Riders of the 2014 model will notice a moderate gain in fuel efficiency due to a new fuel injection system that Yamaha claims is an 11% increase over last year’s model. The fairings have also been redesigned, and now include an air duct between the R6-styled headlights.
Other ancillary improvements include fully digital LCD dash, diagnostic display showing MPG, engine temperature, and speed data.

Cosmetically, there is a redesigned muffler and tail light alongside a host of aluminum pieces such as the shift lever, brake pedal, and footrests for the passenger.
All these improvements come with a cost though, as if one scrolls down to the bottom of the spec sheet, we find that the new YZF-R125 weighs in just shy of 309 lbs., putting on almost five pounds in the past year.

The 2014 Yamaha YZF-R125 should retail in April for €4,490 ( and sport three color options, Anodized Red, Matte Grey and Race Blue. Unfortunately, the 2014 Yamaha YZF-R125 is not expected to hit the US market."

See less See more
#2 ·
Yea I remember seeing this when it debuted a few weeks back at AutoExpo. I'm wondering if this will dictate the styling updates for R1 and R6 or if they will take more from the R25 which should debut next week ;)

oh and suppose congratulations are in order Mike, I've just noticed you received a promotion. Easy on the ban hammer ya hehehhhh

#6 ·
It's actually more of a two tone gray. The red version is called Anodized Red.

I like the blue version myself... unfortunately, this YZF-R125 is another bike we won't see in the U.S. I'd think that Canadian Yamaha dealers might get it, since Honda sells the CBR125R in Canada.

#5 · (Edited)
This thread is about the new 2014 YZF-R125, which debuted last month in the UK.

The bike that is to be announced next week is the YZF-R25.

#7 ·
This bike should look pretty identical to the r25 that is supposed to be coming out in the next week though. I am a fan of the red paint job here. I like that it still uses a lot of black in order to balance out the red. If Yamaha gets out its r25 or r3 before Honda gets out the CBR300, which is likely, I could see many buying that instead.

#11 ·
In these photos you can see the chassis differences between the two bikes...

R125

R25 Concept

Comparing this photo of the R25 Concept to the line drawing below, the rolling chassis components (Frame, Wheels, Fork, Swing arm, etc.) on the Concept bike appear to be the same as what is depicted in the R25 line drawing...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.