Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
IMG_1530.jpg

Hey guys. New to the forum here, and I’ve learned a lot already.
I picked up a 2015 CBR 300R today with 1200 miles on it in really nice shape from the original owner.
Brought it home and first thing my buddy does is spill it on the left side on some gravel at about 5 mph trying to turn.
Typical scratches on the main fairing, somehow the gas tank got a nice dent in it right in the middle of the back (no paint damage though) and the right pedal is bent way in at the front and it’s cracked at one of the mounting points.
Anyway when he got it back it’s stuck in 3rd gear or something (no gear indicator). I’ve tried rocking it back and forth while manipulating the shifter, that doesn’t work. I’ve tried driving and shifting on the go, no response. It doesn’t seem bent to me or anything, I’ll attach some pics. I’m guessing it got hit a little and maybe moved in the case or something, but there’s not that much of a sign of ground contact.
Anyway, some ideas would be greatly appreciated! I hope I don’t have to tear the whole thing apart
Thanks a bunch!
IMG_1531.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

·
Registered
406 Posts
This seems a lot of damage for a 5mph spill on the left side. The right footpeg bracket must have been cracked before and the rear brake pedal is bent in. The slight bend in the gear lever should not prevent gear changing. Personally I think you should look closer into what you have bought.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Check the easy things off of the list first. Try to get it into neutral if that gets you nowhere make sure that the clutch lever is working and that the armature at the clutch cover is moving. If the armature is moving (see attached pic) while the clutch is pulled and the bike still won't move or shift then hopefully a clutch adjustment will sort it out. If this doesn't then there might be a clutch issue or some other internal issue from the fall.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts