Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up a used 2015 CB300F yesterday with about 3400 miles on it. Coming from a tiny Z125 so it will take some getting used to but it's been a blast so far and going on the freeway has been great.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,984 Posts
Welcome!

·
Premium Member
5,197 Posts
Hi there, that tall screen is going to be a real bonus on the freeway.
Seems to be a lot more folk buying CB's rather than CBR's lately.
Enjoy the new machine.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Coming from 125 will be a big difference. The 300's are pretty much same size, but much stronger engine. So you are still small in City traffic but enough push to win traffic light races with almost all cars ;-)

·
Registered
270 Posts
I was initially sold on a 125, either Grom or the Z, but then talked into something a *wee* bigger, leading to my 300.

What windscreen is that, by the way? It's definitely larger than the Puig.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was initially sold on a 125, either Grom or the Z, but then talked into something a *wee* bigger, leading to my 300.

What windscreen is that, by the way? It's definitely larger than the Puig.

It is a Puig, but the Universal Touring one: https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/puig-universal-touring-windscreen

It came with the bike along with a 15T front sprocket, adjustable levers, and bar end mirrors.

I forgot to mention that I just started riding 6 months ago on the Z. It was very, very maneuverable and so much fun to ride in urban areas because it literally fit between everything. The only thing that was missing was the ability to go on the freeway which is what led me to get the CB300F. It felt so foreign the first time I hopped onto it as I had to relearn all the little quirks (throttle response, clutch, basically any kind of low speed maneuvering seemed quite daunting. Three days later and I feel much, much more comfortable. Loving it so far.

·
Registered
270 Posts
It is a Puig, but the Universal Touring one
Ah ha! Curious how it compares to their tiny version -- which I just put on and am a bit ambivalent about.

I forgot to mention that I just started riding 6 months ago on the Z. It was very, very maneuverable and so much fun to ride in urban areas because it literally fit between everything. The only thing that was missing was the ability to go on the freeway which is what led me to get the CB300F.
This was how I was talked out of a Grom/Z125. In retrospect, I'm veery glad because living in the city: Small is great, BUT higher-speed roads are much more convenient to get out of the larger metro area, to backroads and new, unexplored territory.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts