Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I have an aftermarket slip-on muffler on my bike so I have no use for the stock muffler. It's off a 2015 CBR300R and only has had 600 miles worth of exhaust blown through it. As soon as I was done with the break-in period, I swapped pipes. It's basically new, and only has a couple teeny scratches on it from normal road use. Asking for $400, please PM me if you're interested. Continental US only please!
Pictures below:

Attachments

·
Registered
401 Posts
Here in the UK we have to keep the original can especially as it has a CAT in it for the emission part of the test, when a vehicle reaches 3 years old it has to sit a test evey year (MOT) to say its roadworthy. So the original can goes back on for the 30 minute examination then off again. The test is a bit useless, for example leaking fork seals are a fail, but if you wipe them and stick gators over them it cant be failed as the examiner is not allowed to remove them to check underneath :eek:. I like the sound of my stock can.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm pretty sure stock silencers don't have the same resale value as aftermarket ones. 400$!?!? I've seen them on eBay for less than 100$. Pshh capitalists

·
Premium Member
5,414 Posts
I'm pretty sure stock silencers don't have the same resale value as aftermarket ones. 400$!?!? I've seen them on eBay for less than 100$. Pshh capitalists
I had a quick look at three online suppliers of OEM parts in the states and they wanted between $587 and $688 for an OEM muffler so $400 doesn't sound too out there, but it has done 600 miles...

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had a quick look at three online suppliers of OEM parts in the states and they wanted between $587 and $688 for an OEM muffler so $400 doesn't sound too out there, but it has done 600 miles...
Wow, I stand corrected then. My bad.

I still wouldn't buy one for that much...

·
Premium Member
5,414 Posts
Wow, I stand corrected then. My bad.

I still wouldn't buy one for that much...
Heck no, esp when the old mate in the post below/above is selling one for $25! Bargain if you just dropped your bike and wanted to keep it stock.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
I'm always amazed that someone would sell a perfectly usable OEM exhaust (even if it does have a couple of cosmetic scratches) for a ridiculously low price of $25... heck, even $100 is dirt cheap for an exhaust that you'd have to pay $600 or more for a brand new one from Honda.

I have to wonder how often someone buys a cheap, low quality aftermarket exhaust for their bike, and then practically gives away the stock unit for what amounts to the price of a case of beer, only to have the cheap aftermarket unit blow out whatever little packing was put in it at the factory in China (plenty of stories of crappy Chinese aftermarket clone mufflers sh!ting the bed in short order over on the CBR250R forums). Talk about a 'kick yourself in the ass for doing that' situation.

Personally, I'll always have space in my garage to store the OEM exhaust's from my bikes... if for no other reason than the fact that the day will eventually come when you can no longer buy a brand new OEM exhaust from Honda for that particular bike. At that point it becomes a "sellers market", and that's when someone who is restoring one of those bikes and needs that exhaust, will likely pay big bucks for it on e-bay.

That said, I don't see any one paying $400 for a CBR300R OEM muffler right now. It's not 'rare', and I doubt that there is much current demand for one... perhaps in 20 years it could be worth $400.

Reactions: shisoshin

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
youre paying for an for oem muffler
together with a catalytic converter,
which no doubt contributes to its
very high heat buildup..

but honda have achieved the goal
of a better looking muffler together
with some feedback engine sound..

experienced and motorcyclists
see the obvious best option;
keeping that new muffler/cat
for potential resale later, etc..

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys! I have an aftermarket slip-on muffler on my bike so I have no use for the stock muffler. It's off a 2015 CBR300R and only has had 600 miles worth of exhaust blown through it. As soon as I was done with the break-in period, I swapped pipes. It's basically new, and only has a couple teeny scratches on it from normal road use. Asking for $400, please PM me if you're interested. Continental US only please!
Pictures below:
I just bought a 2015 CBR300R with 1700 miles on it. At some point the seller changed it over to a Coffman shorty. Me, I'm the all stock quiet muffler type. Would you consider a (cash plus) trade?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts