Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
I agree with C.Fritz. If it'll fire off with starter fluid, It should be fuel/system related. You said the fuel pump has been replaced. Have you verified the fuel pump is getting power? With the ignition on, before trying to use the starter, can you hear the pump inside the fuel tank running or humming?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Mine wouldn't start at all. I used starter fluid with the tank off and with it on. So I don't think the diode is your problem. Maybe a relay? Did you change the fuel pump and housing or just the pump?
Just the pump, I cut pink wire on ignition switch and getting 10vdc so I assume diode good, my fuel pump primes just get no spark unless I disconnect fuel pump under tank. Kill switch good, stand switch good. Was thinking on moving on to BAS? Is that a common failure? Bike has not been dropped or stunts. Just shut down on me while riding

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Maybe there is a wire grounding out making it not get spark. I am an amateur to working on motorcycles. So maybe someone with more experience knows something.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts