Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone,
This past summer I was in an accident and the front of the bike is mostly done for. Forks are bent back about 30 degrees and I think it's unlikely I'll be able to salvage the wheel since I saw a piece chipped off.
The soft front suspension has always been a problem on this bike for me and now I'm thinking about the possibility of fixing this. Would I be able to get some different forks on it if I get a matching wheel or would I still have to go with stock and then upgrade the internals?

I'm not sure about the state of the triple tree, I haven't inspected the bike in close detail since the accident, but I'm trying to list out my options.

Does anyone have any experience with that kind of swap?

·
Premium Member
5,545 Posts
Probably work out more cost effective to replace with like for like then put some stiffer springs in the forks from the likes of Racetech. If you did want to put in different forks your still limited to 37mm diameter which is a bit spindly, unless you change your triple clamps and now your getting into a major...

·
Registered
358 Posts
Yes the 300F comes with a very soft fork spring rate-I fixed fine with some Sonic H-D springs-when I sold the bike I kept the $100 springs-if you can use them PM Me for a super deal

1 - 3 of 3 Posts