Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here recently I've started to notice a rattle at around 3-4k rpm specially when slowing down. It's near the front and I can't replicate it when I'm in neutral or just sitting. It's not my clutch or brake. And it's not my gas cap. What could it be?

·
Super Moderator
402 Posts
Welcome. A bit more information would be helpful. What year and how many miles are on the bike? Have you done any recent maintenance or changes to the bike? Brakes, tires, chain or sprockets? Anything? Have you physically put hands on to check for anything loose under the front of the bike, like the horn assembly?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a 2015 cb300f, has roughly 12k miles, yes I recently got the chain tightened, and lubed as well as something to do with the oil filter, yes I physically put my hands on nearly everything when riding and I can't find out what it is. It sounds like it's coming the lower front part

·
Super Moderator
5,677 Posts
Sometimes these RPM specific rattles can be body work related and not a big issue. Does it sound like that could be the case or is it definitely an engine type of rattle.?
That its not doing it at idle or when you rev the motor in neutral is a sign that its not a major.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So here recently I've started to notice a rattle at around 3-4k rpm specially when slowing down. It's near the front and I can't replicate it when I'm in neutral or just sitting. It's not my clutch or brake. And it's not my gas cap. What could it be?
I have the same bike and year with only 550 miles on it and I have the same rattle. I know exactly what you're talking about. At first I thought it was the passenger seat but the sound does seem to come from the front end. I'm going to start putting styrofoam under the bodywork to see if I can get it to stop.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 Honda CB300F and I don't have a rattle. I haven't noticed anything as of yet. I'll try to replicate over the weekend and keep trying and keep you updated

1 - 6 of 6 Posts