Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey riders!
Just got back from a killer bike show here in STL lasting 2 days. Thought Id share my thoughts and some cool photos of some of the bikes that I came across today!

I went with a friend of mine's dad, who is a motorsports fan and has owned about 10-12 bikes in his days, and we walked the show for about 2.5 hours talking with reps, taking pics of bikes, getting some free crap, and of course sitting on some amazing rides! It was basically a stock show, as there were no tricked out modified bikes at all, but im not into that anyway, so I was more than satisfied. We looked at the fab 4 (Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha, Honda) and all the models that each had to offer. Loved them all! From the fab 4 I was most comfortable on the Kawasaki Vulcan S, the Suzuki GSXR, and of course the Honda CBR600. The Yamaha R6 was a great bike but the least comfortable for me, but still a great bike and I would love to ride it! And I will!

We then looked at manufacturers like KTM, Ducati, Triumph, HD, Victory, Indian, Can-Am, BMW, and even the Polaris Slingshot was there and some of the Husqvarna dual sports too. There were also some ATVs but we didn't stop for those. I got to mount a Ducati Monster, a BMW 1000RR, KTM 1190 (which I hated btw), Hyabusa, and the one that surprised me the most was the Indian Scout. That thing is perfect for any rider and the amount of bike you get for 11k is amazing. If I ever go cruiser, that's it right there.

Anyway, I could go on and on but pictures speak a thousand words! (oh, convenient that this is my 100th post, haha)

View attachment 2785 View attachment 2793 View attachment 2801 View attachment 2809 View attachment 2817 View attachment 2825 View attachment 2833 View attachment 2841 View attachment 2849 View attachment 2857

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Looks like an incredible show to attend. I'm into all OEM stock bikes as well.

I'd be so excited to open up to all the different manufacturers and models in person. I gotta' keep a look out for a local show near me.

Thanks for posting the pictures.

* Edit * Congrats on the 100th post. :D

·
Premium Member
5,491 Posts
Cool show, you'd be lucky to see something that big out here. Like the look of the white CBR1000 and those Indian scouts have been gettin good reviews. Cant believe how cheap they are.

·
Registered
203 Posts
The matte black Ducati and the Suzuki both look real nice to me. Was the Polaris Slingshot orange or is it just the lighting because I thought it only came in red and black.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That GSXR was super nice up close and personal. Since I sat on that machine, it has strongly become a leader on my list of bikes to own soon. Gotta test ride it tho first...
The slingshot was a red that ended up turning orange for some reason in my photo. I wasn't too impressed with the slingshot. Then again, im not overly marveled by things like that...things like Can-Am's and such.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Nice pictures from the show.

I bet that poolaris slingshot attracted a nice size crowed, it's one interesting machine, already seen some videos of it, one by Matt Farrah

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nice pictures from the show.

I bet that poolaris slingshot attracted a nice size crowed, it's one interesting machine,
That it did. Lots of pics taken with people in the drivers seat. Frankly, I feel the same way about that as I do the Can-Am's... I could give a **** :laugh: Ill stick with my 2 wheeled bikes; much more attractive.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts