Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So my bike has been sitting under a cover for half a year and I just started to attempt to ride again. The gas has been completely dried out so i put in some new premium gas in. When I crank it, it will turn but wont start up. I tried to jump it with my lawn mower and it started up. So my assumption is that the battery is dead. I replaced it with a new battery and I am still having a hard time starting. Sometimes i have to rock the bike back and forth to get it to crank up.

What could be the issue?

·
Registered
20 Posts
If it was sitting that long and somehow your fuel evaporated...I would think the problem is with your fuel system (Fuel Injector, Fuel Pump, Fuel Filter) at this point rather than electrical/starting.

·
Registered
240 Posts
+ 1 with Guitarguy..... If it runs OK when it starts, I'd not worry much until I ran through a tank or 2 of fuel. Possibly add a fuel conditioner/fuel injector cleaner to the fuel now. It won't hurt and may help speed up the cleaning process.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea, it runs fine once it is started. I been leaving the bike on idle(for a couple hours) to run down the current gas tank to maybe clear out any blockage. So far it has not fixed the problem. I will try fuel injector cleaner next

·
Registered
362 Posts
Old fuel in the system will leave a deposit of gum. Nasty stuff and not easy to get rid of. Run some injector cleaner through for a couple of tankfulls of juice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts