Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As I said - not a fan of the new colours! :)
It just doesn't click for ME at ANY level.

PS New colours for 500R are not the best too, in my opinion of course. :)

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I like the fact that Honda tried to make them with a more radical and stand-out appearance. I personally really like the orange version, but I'm afraid that it may possibly grow old at a faster rate. The solid colors usually stand the test of time better. I don't know, I really do like the orange and the way they designed it. Hopefully it's not any brighter in person or it may not look as good to me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm sad they stopped the Tri-Colour but glad I have one :) If i upgrade to the CBR500r it may have to be the matte black! I hate gloss black because the tank always shows scratches. Will have to see these colours in person. I love the led lights on the 500 :D

Would have liked to see the same exhaust on the new 500 on the 300. Or at least a heat shield.

And according to http://powersports.honda.com/2016/cbr300r.aspx the 2016 300r is matte black

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
I'm sad they stopped the Tri-Colour but glad I have one :) If i upgrade to the CBR500r it may have to be the matte black! I hate gloss black because the tank always shows scratches. Will have to see these colours in person. I love the led lights on the 500 :D
The tri-colour has withstood the test of time for me best, a shame they dropped it.
I'm even a bit bored with my solid red now despite it being the fastest colour ;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
The tri-colour has withstood the test of time for me best, a shame they dropped it.
I'm even a bit bored with my solid red now despite it being the fastest colour ;)

That's exactly why I try to avoid solid colours now. I've a had a solid black and white bike before and it's nice to have graphics that stand out, set you apart and have a 'look at me' effect without you trying haha

But I'd be open to the matte black as the other colours don't really appeal to me.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I know this is off-topic, but they did a terrific job on the update with the 2016 500R. I have a feeling the 300R may likely be influenced with similar updates down the line...

·
Premium Member
5,423 Posts
I know this is off-topic, but they did a terrific job on the update with the 2016 500R. I have a feeling the 300R may likely be influenced with similar updates down the line...
I'm hoping for more than just an update/face lift, a whole new model from the ground up is in order i feel. The 300R is already an upgrade of a model released in 2011.
Not being greedy or anything like that! :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
The new colours of the 300R and 500R are really tacky.
I do enjoy the upgrades of the 500r though, but still too much of an upright position for me.

·
Banned
777 Posts
For once Honda listened to my complaint about the colors,
They even did exactly the colors I wanted!
Great colors for the south, where the weather is warm, and the people love colors and expression.

I'm sure the standard silver, black and grey colors fit colder regions like the North better.

Only thing, they did the CBR300R, not the CB300F; which was the bike I requested to have changed.
I saw they did a white CB300F. If it ever gets released I might want to buy that one.

·
Banned
1,070 Posts
Reactions: Fanatic

·
Registered
419 Posts
I personally despise the tri-colour Honda's......not my thing. The orange looks good and isn't typical boring Honda colours for once. I think I know another company that does red best anyways......it might be Italian.......hmmmmm

To me this looks nothing like a KTM. An orange has nothing to do with a carrot even though they are both similar colours.

·
Super Moderator
3,009 Posts
The orange looks like a KTM colour. In the UK you can get Red, Black or Tri Colour.
The US currently has Red, Black, and Tri-Color as well... the Orange and Yellow are just new color variants for the 2016 model year, and not actually available to buy yet.

Hard to tell from a photo, but to my eye that Orange looks to be a bit softer tone than the Orange KTM uses.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts