Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, I'm new to the thread!
So I purchased a 2018 CB300f roughly 2 months ago, and I've put around 1200 miles on it to date. Around 500-600 miles I started noticing an issue with what seems to be either the chain or the gear box. It only happens maybe once every other ride, but basically when I take off in 1st gear the bike gets to about 8 MPH and then starts to lug a little bit, almost like I am shaking the throttle a little, but I am consistent on it. It continues doing that in 2nd gear, reaching 15-16 MPH and then slowing, almost like I'm running out of gear but the RPM's don't reflect time to shift. Once I get into 3rd gear it pretty much goes away. Does this sound familiar to anyone? I thought maybe it was tight spots in the chain, I need to adjust it anyway. I thought maybe it was an issue with the gears but I thought that I would see it more consistently if that was the case. Could it be an issue with the throttle cable?

The other issue I have had is less frequent, I will be at a stand still in neutral or 1st and the bike while idling will start to stall out. I try to give it gas to counter it but it doesn't help, and sometimes I can't start the bike back up because it's not getting enough throttle.

OTHER than those two things I am loving the bike! I live in Chicago and commute to the suburbs everyday so it's been great for the mid-speed highways and city traffic. Weekend joy rides have been awesome, especially when I find tight winding roads. This bike really does well in tight corners and coming out of them!

Also, anyone in Illinois/chicago area have opinions on lane splitting/filtering? I see a lot of riders doing it even though it is illegal, it terrifies me honestly but I do wish I could get ahead of traffic and avoid potential fender benders.

·
Super Moderator
3,001 Posts
Welcome!

Sounds like you may have too much free play in the throttle cables. Your owner's manual should cover the adjustment procedure in the maintenance section. Also a good idea to check the clutch cable free play while you're at it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Does it do it only when the engine is cold -if so mine has a little lack of power for the first mile if I don't warm it up first-being mine is a coffee bike I just jump on it and ride slow for first mile

1 - 4 of 4 Posts