Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I don't know if anyone else had issues like this before. This was my first bike brand new from dealership in 2018 purchased with 0 miles. After learning to ride and finding out a 'friend' had been suicide shifting at around 1600miles the clutch was gone. Replaced the clutch plates and friction disks. Fresh oil and coolant. Now when I pull the clutch lever it doesn't engage the clutch. I was told to check the clutch swing arm actuator and that seems to be working properly. Could my clutch cable be stretched? There's no tension in the clutch lever no matter how many times we try to adjust the cable. Thanks in advance!
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Plant Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
5,677 Posts
Dont mean to be pedantic but when you pull the lever it disengages the clutch, ie pulls the plates apart.
It is most likely that something is not connected correctly inside the side cover after the work you did.
Might have to pull it apart and double check.
There is adjustment at both ends of the cable so just make sure you have both ends adjusted right out to eliminate all free play before venturing back inside the engine casing. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Dont mean to be pedantic but when you pull the lever it disengages the clutch, ie pulls the plates apart.
It is most likely that something is not connected correctly inside the side cover after the work you did.
Might have to pull it apart and double check.
There is adjustment at both ends of the cable so just make sure you have both ends adjusted right out to eliminate all free play before venturing back inside the engine casing. Good luck.
I know the lever disengages the clutch but normally there's tension in the clutch lever. I've asked a couple local bike guys and everyone thinks my cable is stretched. I'll try to attach a video showing the issues

Edit--

If there's any issues with the video let me know 😀

·
Super Moderator
5,677 Posts
Generally clutch cables dont stretch so much that they cant be tightened with the adjusters unless the cable is frayed.
I still think the issue is inside the casing as you shouldnt be able to move the actuator arm that the bottom end of the cable is attached to as easily as you are in the video. The clutch spring pressure doesn't allow it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I don't know if anyone else had issues like this before. This was my first bike brand new from dealership in 2018 purchased with 0 miles. After learning to ride and finding out a 'friend' had been suicide shifting at around 1600miles the clutch was gone. Replaced the clutch plates and friction disks. Fresh oil and coolant. Now when I pull the clutch lever it doesn't engage the clutch. I was told to check the clutch swing arm actuator and that seems to be working properly. Could my clutch cable be stretched? There's no tension in the clutch lever no matter how many times we try to adjust the cable. Thanks in advance! View attachment 35099
I’m having the exact same issue

1 - 5 of 5 Posts