Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if I can use the lowering links that are made for the 300F to lower the bike considering the sticker under the seat cover says 300F. I can’t find any links for the CB300R cause they’re out of stock. I also need to find a lowered seat if anyone can suggest any.

·
Super Moderator
5,677 Posts
I think they changed the frame between models as I see from the specs that the R model has a shorter wheelbase and slightly longer rear wheel travel. This would suggest that the rear suspension linkage is likely to be different so the F model kit would not necessarily work.
This is all speculation though, sorry I cant be more definite.

·
Registered
400 Posts
No sorry you can't totally different setup-but I do seem to remember someone does make a kit I remember watching a You Tube video on it-did seem very hard to do and required special tools that they rent to you-also I do remember Honda selling a lowered front seat for the CB300R&F might want to check into that

·
Registered
28 Posts
The difference in wheelbase between the CB300F and the CBR300R is due to the different effective front fork length. Because the Clip-ons of the CBR are positioned above the triple-tree, the forks are pushed up a couple of inches to accommodate them and effectively shortening the wheelbase.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was wondering if I can use the lowering links that are made for the 300F to lower the bike considering the sticker under the seat cover says 300F. I can’t find any links for the CB300R cause they’re out of stock. I also need to find a lowered seat if anyone can suggest any.
I have 2019 CB300r and there is no linkage. Shock mounts swing arm to frame.

·
Registered
500 Posts
This is a UK company. T-Rex in USA does one but I note they are OOS.

·
Super Moderator
5,677 Posts
This is a UK company. T-Rex in USA does one but I note they are OOS.
Heck that's an expensive spring retainer collar. I still cant work out how they get 25mm of lowering from a modified collar.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts