Super Moderator
3,002 Posts
You'll poke you eye out kid...

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You'll poke you eye out kid...
If you're talking to me.. you're spot on. No way I could handle that beastly beauty. With my age, looks, and skills.. the Fireblade is like a beautiful women.. I can still enjoy and adore from afar, but don't have the wherewithal to make 'em happy. ;)

·
Premium Member
5,282 Posts
My local Powerhouse Dealer has this..in stock... brand hammer new... Canadian $$$
https://www.bridgewaterhonda.com/vehicles/2018/honda/cbr1000rr-super-sport/bridgewater/ns/38212756/?sale_class=new

Pssst... Kiwi Rider it has your name on it... (wink)
Ha ha, you've seriously over-estimated my annual earnings! The bike fund is looking a bit meagre after purchasing the new SV. However...There was a 42 million $ jackpot lottery here today though. I was just trying to check my ticket online but I cant log in cos the site is overloaded with ticket checkers.
Could be a sign :D

Nice machine though. The CBR thou is getting more and more track orientated these days and far removed from the original 1987 sports tourer. Remember this machine?

Honda CBR1000F 87  3.jpg

Yeah it's great to see some of the latest bikes coming out with Akrapovic exhaust systems fitted as standard equipment.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Yes I remember that... Honestly the styling never caught my eye..and the 600 "Hurricane" style did not either.
Conversion for the 2018 Honda RR on sale... is only... $23273.94 (NZ dollars...pocket change..lol

·
Registered
130 Posts
I doubt very much that anyone here would be able to fully use what that motorcycle could deliver. I know I couldn't, and none of my friends either.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ha ha, you've seriously over-estimated my annual earnings! The bike fund is looking a bit meagre after purchasing the new SV. However...There was a 42 million $ jackpot lottery here today though. I was just trying to check my ticket online but I cant log in cos the site is overloaded with ticket checkers.
Could be a sign :D

Nice machine though. The CBR thou is getting more and more track orientated these days and far removed from the original 1987 sports tourer. Remember this machine?

View attachment 33938

Yeah it's great to see some of the latest bikes coming out with Akrapovic exhaust systems fitted as standard equipment.
I had the 600 version of that and rode it across the US...... It was not a sport tourer..... although the seat felt like a pillow of air, because I did the last 800 miles standing up :D

·
Premium Member
5,282 Posts
I doubt very much that anyone here would be able to fully use what that motorcycle could deliver. I know I couldn't, and none of my friends either.
Very true, so you ultimately have to wonder - Who are they targeting with these narrow focus, high spec machines and who is buying them? Who can actually afford them?

Not surprising really that the sales of this sector are in decline whereas real world propositions like adventure bikes and nakeds are on the rise.

Still, they are pretty cool to look at and drool over.. :D

Ps. I didnt win the lottery and neither did anyone else so it's rolled over to a 50 million must go draw this saturday. Something for the nation to go silly over.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Very true, so you ultimately have to wonder - Who are they targeting with these narrow focus, high spec machines and who is buying them? Who can actually afford them?
Years ago I had a used 1986 Ducati Pantah and went to a track day held by the Ducati owners club here. There were many new, beautiful, expensive bikes there, mostly brought by people with a lot of money who rode them quite slowly. I kept passing them on the track, and I am by no means a fast rider.
I think it is often more about ownership, rather than riding. Many are available used with very low mileage because they spent most of their life parked outside a Starbucks. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Years ago I had a used 1986 Ducati Pantah and went to a track day held by the Ducati owners club here. There were many new, beautiful, expensive bikes there, mostly brought by people with a lot of money who rode them quite slowly. I kept passing them on the track, and I am by no means a fast rider.
I think it is often more about ownership, rather than riding. Many are available used with very low mileage because they spent most of their life parked outside a Starbucks. :rolleyes:
Yeah..I hear you...kind of the same with Vintage Muscle Cars... some are afraid to drive them. IMO may as well have a pic ..framed on the wall.:(

1 - 14 of 14 Posts