Honda CBR 300 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my new tri-color CBR - I almost flipped a coin between this and a ktm 390 but Honda won again. Here's the bikes I have had over the years

1986 Honda reflex trials
1985 Honda xl350
1987 Yamaha radian
1989 Honda nx650
1988 Yamaha fazer
1989 Honda hurricane 600
1990 Honda interceptor 750
1991 Kawasaki klr650 tengai
1992 Honda nighthawk 750
... ... Ten year break ... ...
2006 Honda 599
1996 Suzuki dr350s
2008 Honda crf230l
1986 Honda rebel ltd (3k miles and showroom shape)
... .... And this is why I am broke:D

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
KTM has way more power and seemed like a nice ride but it is a brand new model, made in India and I've read about cooling issues. I went back and forth between the KTM and 300F and decided that I would play it safe and stick with something that has always been reliable for me. If I wanted to wait a year and see how the KTM held up.. ... ... I went to Honda to buy the F and right next to it was a tricolor R - couldn't resist

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Lol, I just realized that this old man (50 years) can remember the make and model of all 14 bikes I've ever owned. . That's about how many girlfriends I've had, can I remember all their names? Heck no

·
Registered
129 Posts
Lol, I just realized that this old man (50 years) can remember the make and model of all 14 bikes I've ever owned. . That's about how many girlfriends I've had, can I remember all their names? Heck no
Lol. Welcome aboard.
Good choice sticking with a Honda. I hummed and hawed for weeks between CBR300R or Ninja 300. So glad I went with the Honda!
I'm a new rider this year and couldn't be happier, the bike is very easy to handle, it's quick, it's reliable and very forgiving!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Judging from your prior bikes, I think both sides of your coin said "Honda" anyway, lol. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Ive had as many bikes as you but only about a quarter of the girlfriends - envious! :D

·
Premium Member
3,009 Posts
Why on earth would you buy all those bikes year after year...
That's one thing I never understood with some riders. I'm just the type that sticks with a type of bike for a few years. Don't see myself constantly switching up.
If you look at it from the perspective of the oldest bike on his list was new 30 years ago, which is likely when the OP started riding (he stated that he's 50 years old). Also, 5 of the 13 bikes on his list are Dual Sports (and one trials bike), so I'm just guessing that he probably had more than just one of these bikes in his garage at time.

In my nearly 45 years of riding motorcycles (I started riding at age 10, on a Honda Z50A Mini-Trail), I think I've owned around 20 bikes in total, mostly Motocross bikes and Dual Sports, with a few Street 'only' bikes thrown in the mix. Currently I have 6 bikes in my garage, the most I've ever owned at one time, and every one built by Honda.

Reactions: jmerod58

·
Premium Member
5,460 Posts
Why on earth would you buy all those bikes year after year...
Variety is the spice of life! Ive owned 14 bikes, sometimes up to three at one time, usually have an off road bike and a street bike in the shed to cover all itches.
I live within cycling distance of my work so no need for a commuter bike tho.

8 of them Hondas:

'74 XL 100 (megaphone style exhaust)
'77 CT125
'80 XR200 (twin shock)
'85 XR200 (4 valve, twin carb)
'86 VF750
'04 XR250
'13 CBR250
'14 CBR300

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
It's an addiction and probably a wiser (but maybe not cheaper) alternative to drugs. 315 miles and just did first oil change, few metal flecks in the old oil but looked normal for break-in. now I need to find some sort of luggage.... Saddle-packs seem weird for small sport bike and my tank pack is too big... I might be back-packing, rats

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I've been worse... I went though 6 new cars in the span of 7 - 8 years. Don't ask me how and why, lol. I've learned to manage myself better since then... Big time. After that rush of frequent changes, I feel like I'm currently 70 years old, and the 300 is my first and last bike. Ha! :laugh:

·
Registered
34 Posts
I almost bought the KTM 390 as well, it really came down to price and mpg for me (and the KTM dealer wouldnt budge),....really happy with the CBR Though,...although i do really like the exposed frame and the colorway of the KTM.. I did buy the all black CBR so i can add my own graphics to it. Guess what colors????? ...def gonna have some orange in there!

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
Now that custom striping..I would like to see...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts