Honda CBR 300 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone knows which cases would fit the 300F? (Side and rear if available).
Also, my GF is not happy about not having a back support. Is there perhaps a small passenger seat pillow available, with a little wedge on the end, so she feels more secure?

Would you consider a 300F as a touring bike?

·
Registered
59 Posts
The $65 seems like a nice price to me!
Anyone tried hard cases?
The soft bags are more or less universal while the hard bags require bike specific mounting brackets. Here is an example: Givi E21 Monokey Side Cases - RevZilla
this is the cheapest I saw. They don't claim to be waterproof and could possible be made from normal cheap plastic. So in a situation where you have to lay your bike down, this could potentially shatter. The good ones are ~500$

and mounting hardware: Givi PLR532 Rapid Release Side Case Racks Suzuki V-Strom DL650 2004-2011 [Blemished - Very Good] - RevZilla note: these do not fit the cbr300, just an example. Which brings me to my next point. If you can't find a bracket that fits your bike, gotta get handy with a welder.

My point being, hard cases tend to be a lot more effort and money that you really have to consider if it is worth it for your style of Touring.

·
Banned
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, but they do look good on a touring bike!
Hard cases are almost always more water tight, than soft cases.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I know it's an old tread, however, I'm hoping that this might help riders who are looking for lockable soft luggage. They are Hepco and Becker rack and cases advertised for CBR300R but they perfectly fit CB as well.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
I know it's an old tread, however, I'm hoping that this might help riders who are looking for lockable soft luggage. They are Hepco and Becker rack and cases advertised for CBR300R but they perfectly fit CB as well.

Wow I have been looking for something like this, Thanks alot, by any chance would you happen to have a link as to where to buy them?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I bought really in the past a tank bag and i never loved it as a tank bag. As i saw the price of the Honda bag i tried different configurations and found a good way.

Ixon old tank bag that transform into a backpack. Only use the strap to hold it on passenger seat near driver and at the rear just all the way around the rear fender of the bike. That bag give me plenty of space (3 stage) for rain suit, rain boots lunch bag and counting.

The best point on it is that no one can seat with me now ;) !
Recycling this old tank bag into a great hauler was a good idea without compromising driver space or being in the wind like saddles.

Take care !

·
Registered
98 Posts
Motomachines.com sells Hepco and Becker merchandise. Look under CBR300R.

Wow I have been looking for something like this, Thanks alot, by any chance would you happen to have a link as to where to buy them?[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks, I just bookmarked it, what part of Chicago are you from? I used to live in that area, a suburb called Homewood, Also have family in Pullman near Lincoln Park. I miss being over there.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks, I just bookmarked it, what part of Chicago are you from? I used to live in that area, a suburb called Homewood, Also have family in Pullman near Lincoln Park. I miss being over there.
I live in north suburb not too far from the city. Here are a couple more pictures of almost finished project - CB300F Touring:

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Windy City,
The side bags look great! Going to order them for my bike as well. Do the bags come with a waterproof lining? I'm also looking for a windscreen to help buffer some of the wind when on the highway. I notice you have one on yours. Which screen is that? Is it serving your needs?

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Holly, bags have waterproof lining even though I did not have chance to test them.

I'm using MRA Sport Windscreen. It has definitely improved the wind protection up to top of my shoulders (I’m 5’8”); however it does not provide any helmet protection. What I’m also looking for is reduced wind flow around my helmet at higher speeds so I can check the blind spot without the feeling that the wind is going to snap my neck.

I’ve just ordered MRA VTA spoiler. Technically it’s the peace of Plexiglas which is mounted on the top of existing windshield, and it is adjustable. I’ll install it by the end of this weekend.

·
Registered
98 Posts
After MRA spoiler installation I'm finally happy with the wind protection. It was pricey, but this was the last investment that I'm making towards the bike (I don't know how many times I've said that). The spoiler disperses the wind and I feel just the slight breeze around my head at 65mph. Blind spot check is no longer a neck snapping experience.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Top-Case Bracket

For those that are interested in a hard top-case solution, I'm presently in the process of getting one from SHAD.

Their mounting bracket for the CB300F is the H0CR11ST.

It's built for the 250, and it isn't an exact fit (see attached photos) for the 300F, but with some stretching of the rear panels you can still get it in there and bolt it down without that much of a hassle. Also, you'll have to lose the passenger handles.

I'll post more photos once I get the actual top-case for it. I think the OP of this thread mentioned something about his girlfriend wanting a backrest--the case that I'm getting has the option of combining a back-rest to it.

On a side note, I've found the customer reps. at SHAD to be pretty helpful and personable, they sent me the installation guide since I was a bit skeptical about the bracket actually fitting my CB300F given that it was designed for the 250.

Cheers and safe riding,
TM

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
After MRA spoiler installation I'm finally happy with the wind protection. It was pricey....
I plan on getting a windscreen for my new bike. From whom did you purchase the MRA windscreen and spoiler, and what was the total cost? Thanks.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hi Jay, I got them from TwistedThrottle. Here is the cost:
- Racing Screen: $ 104.95
- Universal mounting kit: $ 48.95
- Spoiler blade: $ 88.95
The shipping was free.

There are some options on Revzilla website, but I don't think that Revzilla offers the spoiler that I have. They have the x-creen version which is more expensive (and is better). If you don't mind the look of it, MRA VarioTouring Screen has the spoiler blade installed and it costs $ 178.95. It saves you some money, it provides better wind protection and the spoiler blade is installed by MRA (you don't have to drill the windscreen by yourself). Puig also offers some decent looking naked bike windscreens.

BTW I have relatives up in Winnipeg. They live near bar Italia.

Best Regards

1 - 20 of 23 Posts